[Nominations] Best Wrestler of the Decade

tiger_rick

Big Show

Now there's an interesting pick that most wouldn't consider (presuming you are not being sarcastic). He's been one of my favourites, and even though I'm not voting for him you could make the case that whilst others have come and gone Show has been near the top for most of the decade, held titles, gotten over as babyface and heel, and when you look at the years of the decade as a whole he's had a couple of good matches in each of them.

My picks:

The Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero

Kenta Kobashi

Chris Benoit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
John Cena - continously on top, massive draw. Even if you cant stand him you cant help but watch him. And at all ppvs this year he always pulls out a great performance with any opponent

Wrongo. I don't hate him in the slightest, but the past few years now, he's bored me senseless. I don't enjoy watching him, I don't enjoy seeing him "overcome the odds" every single time with predictable regularity, and I don't enjoy seeing him occupy pride of place in WWE for longer than The Rock or Stone Cold - even those guys got stale eventually, and Cena is beyond stale.

He does often have good performances, but not consistently good enough or frequent enough to top the likes of Shawn Michaels or The Undertaker, and when a guy's stale, it ruins the viewing pleasure of the match anyway.

John Cena - continously on top, massive draw. Even if you cant stand him you cant help but watch him. And at all ppvs this year he always pulls out a great performance with any opponent

Wrongo. I don't hate him in the slightest, but the past few years now, he's bored me senseless. I don't enjoy watching him, I don't enjoy seeing him "overcome the odds" every single time with predictable regularity, and I don't enjoy seeing him occupy pride of place in WWE for longer than The Rock or Stone Cold - even those guys got stale eventually, and Cena is beyond stale.

He does often have good performances, but not consistently good enough or frequent enough to top the likes of Shawn Michaels or The Undertaker, and when a guy's stale, it ruins the viewing pleasure of the match anyway.

Agree with that. His continued, predictable dominance and lack of character development is probably the main factor in my decision to finally switch off WWE altogether this year, so that would tend to jar with the original statement.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels - he never fails to step up to the plate when needed. The fact that he does this having come back from such a serious injury is astounding.

The Undertaker - I really don't understand why there people who feels he has to retire, he has been part of some fantastic matches in recent years including his WrestleMania match with Shawn Michaels.