General politics discussion thread

David

Seriously, even if you're just a stickler for planning laws (no matter how institutionally discriminatory they are), (and this is a bit like Mickey's EDL as a food-labelling pressure group), surely you can see that boorishly cheering for the forced displacement of a heavily-persecuted ethnic minority is in unbelievably bad taste and is grossly illiberal.

Dunno if grossly illeberal is necessarily always a bad thing. Sometimes a stern view on something's fine and dandy.

But you can't question the bad taste thing, honestly it's amazing the amount of seemingly very reasonable people who are quite happy to hate on pikeys. (paraphrasing).

So, some of the land is theirs, which is fine, some of the land isn't, which they have to vacate?

Can't see a problem myself :)

As is so often the case mickey, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. All of the land is theirs.

Quite frankly they should have been given planning permission in the first place

Why? They bought the land in full knowledge that it could not be used for residential dwellings.

Where are all these houses built on green belt land by construction companies?

Lol, it was a fucking scrap yard when they bought it, let's not pretend the green belt thing meant a fucking damn.

And are you serious re green belt land being built on? You are taking the piss aren't you?

What green belt land is being built on?

To be honest Kiffy buddy, I don't really care. :)

However I will admit I do have an intrest in all this because of the alleged support from groups such as UncutUK and similar organisations

Gypos/pikeys/tinkers etc I don't really mind in all honesty, my only experience of them is MBF Gypsy Wedding & Snatch.

But "anarchists" and dicks like them I'm not fond of.

First google search shows this http://www.lawsonfairbank.co.uk/building-on-green-belt.asp it was not only happening on a pretty significant scale between 1994 to 1996 (an average of 3,287 houses per year) it jumped massively after that, going up to 5,265, an increase of 60%.

Honestly if you don't have even a passing understanding of the issues involved and under discussion why would you venture an opinion? Do you not find it a little embarassing to quote ill informed rubbish as fact in a debate you have no understanding of?

You may not know this about me, but I post very little, in fact nothing, on nuclear physics forums, because I would add nothing of any worth. You may want to apply the same approach to this thread.

However I will admit I do have an intrest in all this because of the alleged support from groups such as UncutUK and similar organisations

Gypos/pikeys/tinkers etc I don't really mind in all honesty, my only experience of them is MBF Gypsy Wedding & Snatch.

Oh I can't help but bite, so do you think uncutuk are anarchists? Or do you dislike them for another reason? You think it's unenglish to make corporations pay their far share of tax? Or you dislike uk uncut for staging peaceful demonstrations in fortnum mason when they could have been out shouting scum at random asians?

What's your interest in ukuncut, and how on earth did you manage to connect them to the travelling community site at dale farm?

Oh I can't help but bite, so do you think uncutuk are anarchists? Or do you dislike them for another reason? You think it's unenglish to make corporations pay their far share of tax? Or you dislike uk uncut for staging peaceful demonstrations in fortnum mason when they could have been out shouting scum at random asians?

What's your interest in ukuncut, and how on earth did you manage to connect them to the travelling community site at dale farm?

I read it on The Mail website :)

I'm actually a little surprised the EDL hasn't got involved with this somehow yet. Or maybe because not many travellers are Muslamics and that many adult male travellers are quite capable of taking care of themselves?

Or maybe because there is no reason at all to get involved in this?

Hmm, that response tells me one of three things. (A) You are not as knowledgeable about the EDL's activities as you think you are, (B) You are not aware of whom the most prominent figureheads of the EDL associate with, or

Edited by Glen Quagmire

I'm actually a little surprised the EDL hasn't got involved with this somehow yet. Or maybe because not many travellers are Muslamics and that many adult male travellers are quite capable of taking care of themselves?

Or maybe because there is no reason at all to get involved in this?

Hmm, that response tells me one of three things. (A) You are not as knowledgeable about the EDL's activities as you think you are, (B) You are not aware of whom the most prominent figureheads of the EDL associate with, or

Glen, I realise this advice is the height of hypocrisy coming from me. But you can't get anywhere with mickey, he's either so pathetically in need of having some sense of worth in his life he'll blindly refuse to learn anything about what the edl is, or he knows full well and is on a little propoganda/trolling kick to keep his mind away from thinking about his life. Either way, you won't get anywhere with it.

Thought this was rather funny from the BBC:

In contrast, jubilation came from the travellers when they heard the news.

There were cheers and cries of "We have won".

Mr Puxon, now chained to a fence, said: "This news is a great relief. But we will stay here to guard our metal so it isn't taken away.

"We are doing it for our children and grandchildren. It's been a rollercoaster but a three night reprieve is a relief."

I would have thought they'd be the last people to worry about scrap metal theft.