Best Event of 2008

tiger_rick

Best Event of 2008?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favourite event of the year was WWE One Night Stand. I wasn't expecting it to win, but am stunned it didn't even make the shortlist here.

Though I haven't seen the 1PW 3rd Anniversary Show, I'm stunned any show featuring Raven, Corino, Aisu, Manson in 4 of the matches ended up in the card of the year topic - when the show featuring Umaga vs Hardy, Michaels vs Batista, Phoenix vs Melina, Orton vs HHH, and Undertaker vs Edge ends up in the WORST event of the year topic! :omg:

So I voted WrestleMania.

Though I haven't seen the 1PW 3rd Anniversary Show, I'm stunned any show featuring Raven, Corino, Aisu, Manson in 4 of the matches ended up in the card of the year topic - when the show featuring Umaga vs Hardy, Michaels vs Batista, Phoenix vs Melina, Orton vs HHH, and Undertaker vs Edge ends up in the WORST event of the year topic!

The guys you mentioned in that 1PW bit. Raven had a very enjoyable main event with SJK. Won't be winning MOTY awards anywhere in the world, but it was a whole lot of fun. Dragon Aisu was involved in what I thought was a great six man tag team match, and Mad Man Manson was involved in a decent comedy tag. Only Steve Corino was in a match that I'd call crap.

As for ONS, Randy Orton vs. HHH was cut short and didn't have the chance to be any good, Umaga and Hardy had easily the worst of their matches that has had any time, and The Undertaker vs. Edge was overlong and boring at times. Again, probably their worst match.

I thought One Night Stand was the worst of a very good lot of WWE PPVs this year. Not a bad PPV by any stretch, but I can see why it was nominated.