Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Taken from Fight Club Proís website

In December 2011, Eddie Edwards captured the Fight Club: PRO championship from long time holder Trent Seven. Now, on Friday 23rd March 2012 he returns to Fight Club: PRO to defend his title for the first time. The big question is who will he face in his first historic defence?

Three names have been thrown into the hat. The former champion Trent Seven, the currently unbeaten Dave Mastiff, and the ever impressive MK McKinnan.

It will be Fight Club: PRO management who will determine who the challenger will be. Whoever it is will prove to be a true battle for the new champion and a fight not to be missed.

Tickets for this event can be secured online at the Fight Club: PRO Shop at a cost of £5.00.

Anyone going to this? Iím thinking of making the journey at the weekend, but it would be doing a 3 hour train ride and a stay in a hotel on my own if I do. Iím just wondering if any UKFFers are going down to the Planet nightclub for this on Friday?

(I am nothing to do with FCP, I canít answer any questions about the event)

Fight Club homepage

Fight Club shop

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#2 cobystag

cobystag

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

They have since announced the full card: ight Club: PRO Championship Match "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. "The Super Don" Trent Seven After long deliberation, the management at Fight Club: PRO have decided that the former champion "The Super Don" Trent Seven will receive his rematch with "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards at The Return on Friday 23rd March 2012. Tag Team Encounter Chris Brookes & ? vs. Rockstar Spud & Dave Williams International Singles Challenge Jonathan Gresham vs. Dave Mastiff Following a challenge laid down by Gresham, Mastiff has accepted to fight him at The Return. Tag Team Encounter Clint Margera & ? vs. The Hunter Brothers Following a run of losses Clint Margera has declared that he will change his recent run of form in the most incredible way possible. With a win over arguably the best tag team in Fight Club: PRO. However, he has not declared who his partner will be in this epic fight. Gresham vs Mastiff is gonna be amazing. Had my hopes up for Eddie/MK but judging by MK's FB page, he's still gonna be on the show and not taking being snubbed for the Title shot laying down....
Posted Image

#3 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Those matches look good, but I think Iíd like to see more than 4 matches on the card. Still, 4 bouts for the £5 entry seems fair enough. What time do these shows usually finish?

Posted Image

#4 lightningxlock

lightningxlock

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Dont get why they only ever have 4 matches on the card. By all acounts, they split them up aswell with like 10-15 breaks inbetween. That being said, I had fun when I went to see the last night of Project Mayhem and I like the idea of the company, just hope they start adding more matches to their cards.

#5 gadge

gadge

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

The show I went to at the end of last year ran from 8.30-11.30, and value for money was excellent if you ask me.
The ROH Discussion Thread

Facebook|Twitter

What did the fish say when it swam into a wall?

Dam.

#6 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

The show I went to at the end of last year ran from 8.30-11.30, and value for money was excellent if you ask me.

Was this a 4 match job then? 3 hours is a decent enough time to run like.

Did the venue stay open for beers after the show? I have been to the venue before, but I left after the matches and went to watch a heavy metal band that were playing in another nearby venue. If I go on my own though, Iíd rather stay and drink with wrestling fans than go wandering off to gigs where Iíd probably get myself battered.

Posted Image

#7 cobystag

cobystag

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's a nightclub the same as Preston so I assume the same deal. And it looks to always be 4 or so matches on their own shows. 8.30-11.30, "intermissions" during each match. I'm looking forward to my first taste of FCP. A lot of my friends absolutely rave about this promotion so for a fiver and to get to see Eddie Edwards it really felt like it was the right time at last to finally get down to a show.
Posted Image

#8 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

It's a nightclub the same as Preston so I assume the same deal.

Itís quite a different atmosphere to the one in Preston though. Itís more of a gritty rock music joint. Either way, if I finally decide to go Iíll probably hang about until kicking out time / everyone leaves.

Paying on the door is allowed isn't it?

Posted Image

#9 gadge

gadge

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Itís quite a different atmosphere to the one in Preston though. Itís more of a gritty rock music joint. Either way, if I finally decide to go Iíll probably hang about until kicking out time / everyone leaves.

Paying on the door is fine, and yes it was only 4 matches, but they were all a decent length and the atmosphere is quite intense.

Facebook|Twitter

Dam.

#10 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Paying on the door is fine, and yes it was only 4 matches, but they were all a decent length and the atmosphere is quite intense.

Splendid.

Iím very close to having made my mind up about it now. Fuck it, I donít care how sad it is to travel 3 hours on my todd to see 4 wrestling matches. Thatís the true love of my life, really.

Anyone drinking anywhere particular beforehand?

Posted Image

#11 robbo9292

robbo9292

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

4 matches that last a long while. I think if like before they had two matches a break and then two matches it wouldn't be bad, but from my last experience it was a break between every match and started really later than expected meaning i had to miss the main event

#12 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

4 matches that last a long while. I think if like before they had two matches a break and then two matches it wouldn't be bad, but from my last experience it was a break between every match and started really later than expected meaning i had to miss the main event

Iíve just found a hotel for £25. They can run till 2am for all I care now! Iím officially going.

Posted Image

#13 cobystag

cobystag

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

You going Gadge?
Posted Image

#14 gadge

gadge

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

I can't, sadly. Much like GPW, I find the Friday nights difficult for shows the other end of the country due to work.

Facebook|Twitter

Dam.

#15 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

What would be the average draw for a show like this? I went to th CZW / BJW weekend but I'd assume that drew more than usual?

Posted Image