Fight Club Pro - Friday 23 March - Wolverhampton

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, the last few shows I think have drawn better than the CZW Project Mayhem shows. The Planet stays open for about half an hour to an hour after the show then everyone usually heads out into Wolverhampton as there's a few clubs and bars just up the road. Usually The Giffard Arms or Babylon.

On the two weekends I've been to Wolverhampton, I did nothing but drink.

Me too. My usual procedure is to go to Yates and start guzzling thier Long Island ice tea pitchers.

The Planet stays open for about half an hour to an hour after the show then everyone usually heads out into Wolverhampton as there's a few clubs and bars just up the road.

That will probably do for me then. If it finishes at half 11 and stays rocking till half 12, by the time I grab a kebab it will probably be time for bed. I

Other companies always seem to run good shows on the same night as Fight Club, it's so frustrating when you want to go both, but FCP wins every time for me. So I'm glad it doesn't seem to clash with anyone this time.

Anyone who hasn't been Fight Club before I really recommend it, it's so different from what all the other promotions are doing. It's not very well advertised which is mad since the quality of their product and some of the imports they bring in mean that they could probably get more fans in, but I think the underground, word of mouth seems to be part of it's uniqueness. It's got a great crowd in terms of numbers and the atmosphere is always really good, the venue is quite unusual and the ever present cage around the ringside area really do make it distinct from everyone else.

They do only tend to have 4 matches per show, but what they make lack in quantity they make up for in quality. The matches often go a decent amount of time and are often very good. The Fight Club Style has been Christened 'British Strong Style' and it's very hard hitting and the guys really do leave it all in the ring.

Drinks in the planet are dirt cheap. About 2 quid if memory serves me for spirit and a mixer.

You'll have a blast. FCP is a great little promotion and for a fiver is pound for pound the most entertaining show you'll see in the UK. I can't make it this month but I'll certainly be back in May!

Archived