Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Konnan never even mentioned the WWE i dont think he just said 'the industry'

It's true though. I really can't see how a lot of wrestlers with the bumps and the amounts of dates they do, can keep going. I know people are boycotting the WWE which is absolutely understandable, but this seems something that's really corrupt throughout the entire business, be it TNA, ROH etc... Whether a load of people stop watching Pro Wrestling full-stop. It still won't help the problems that are constantly occurring and need to be addressed (because they're still going to attract kids, families and people who aren't sat at their PC for a long time). Basically, Pro Wrestling needs some form of governing body, that's not overruled by any type of promoter, who clearly is looking out for the well-being of his company and not his staff.TNA etc.. can probably just carry on as they are, with steroid use rampant, as they're under the radar (the only company your average Joe are going to know is the WWE). So, let's say the WWE up the Wellness program, focus on issues such as getting an okay from your GP to take a fucking ton of drugs. They're still going to be faced with a roster of people under pressure to perform at an acceptable level (when they're injured or not properly healed for example) and to "look good" (like when Vince took a dig at Orton after his shoulder injury on LIVE FUCKING TELEVISION for looking skinny, or something, imagine what is said behind the curtain). What are they going to do? Fire a LOT of people or re-examine the dates they have to work and allow people to heal properly?It's just really sad that unless the next wrestler death (give it a few weeks/months) involves said individual going nuts and killing kids, his demise dead in a hotel room will probably not get much press as it's not sensationalistic, probably a little mention, but then everything just carries on as normal. Soon wrestlers will have a life expectancy of around fifty years. Edited by Gossy

Another interview with Jerry McDevitt and Dr. Black on MSNBC Scarborough Country with Dan Abrams - http://youtube.com/watch?v=E4HrVRx7aLs

Mark Mero and Steve Blackman reaction from the same show (5th Appearance Together, although I believe Mero's 9th or 10th Appearance on the show in total) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=U55thGqiK30

I dont get Vinces Fetish with Huge guys. If the Biggest guy in the company was CM Punk (just first name i thought of) i dont think people would complain and stop watching.

I disagree - especially kids who want to see larger than life flamboyant characters moreso than proficient technical wrestlers.

• Paid Members

Konnan never even mentioned the WWE i dont think he just said 'the industry'

Which IMO, is how it should be referred to. Far too many people are far to focused on WWE and what they are and are not doing, but if anyone expects WWE to stand up and make a change while the rest of the industry carries on as before they'll end up with a repeat of the 90's where WWE had their previous policy and WCW had the big boys.

• Paid Members

I don't see anyone in WWE taking steroids in the hope it will get them a TNA or ROH job.

Not really what I was saying though is it?

• Paid Members

It's why only WWE changing will make any difference. 99% of people who are serious about working in US wrestling are aiming to get into WWE so that's the standards they are aiming for.

and my point is that WWE are unlikely to change while their nearest competitors stay the same, which is why focusing solely on WWE is pointless. It's happened before, and failed for the sames reasons it would fail now. There are certainly comparisons to be made between WCW back when WWF implimented it's last drugs policy and TNA this time around.

• Paid Members

TNA isn't close to WCW in anyway. WWE ran their business for several years in direct competition to WCW, concentrating on beating them in the ratings and obsessing over who was doing better. They don't give a shit about TNA.WWE was terrified of letting stars go in the late 90s because they'd go to WCW and make a genuine difference. Today it makes no difference. Christian, Angle, Rhyno and many others have gone directly to TNA and it's made absolutely fuck all difference. If everyone on WWE dropped 30 pounds overnight it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the relative success of WWE and TNA. TNA could introduce a policy tomorrow by which every one of their stars was force-fed steroids and growth hormone with mandatory eight hour daily gym sessions and it wouldn't get them any closer to WWE's business levels. TNA aren't on the radar. Nobody is. WWE effectively IS the professional wrestling industry and they are the only people who can make changes that affect the entire industry.

• Paid Members

Dan Abrams really should get Lance Storm on his primetime show.

July 16, 2007 I am reaching a level of frustration that I doubt I have ever reached before in my life. The stress and frustration created by the Benoit tragedy and the resulting media coverage has reached dangerous proportions for me and I feel I need to vent now in an attempt to not explode later. I believe I have managed to put behind me the stress and anxiety of the actual events, but am ready to explode with frustration over what is being done after the fact, by both the business and the media as a whole. I

Edited by Shockmaster

• Paid Members

New York News piece. Looks like not every journalist is buying the WWE PR blitz:

World Wrestling Entertainment was in full spin control yesterday, doing its best to deflect any theories that 'roid rage might have contributed to the gruesome weekend rampage last month when, police say, WWE star Chris Benoit murdered his wife and 7-year-old son before hanging himself.After Benoit's toxicology report was made public and revealed that the "Canadian Crippler" had high levels of testosterone in his body during the murder-suicide, the WWE issued a hasty, yet inaccurate, statement to downplay the results."WWE understands that the toxicology reports for Chris Benoit indicate that he tested positive for testosterone and negative for anabolic steroids," read a portion of yesterday's WWE statement.Steroid expert Dr. Gary Wadler, a World Anti-Doping Agency member, was quick to blast the WWE for making "a contradiction in terms.""An anabolic steroid is nothing more than a derivative of testosterone," Wadler told the News, adding that he did not lend much credence to the WWE's current drug-testing program