Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What software is best for burning .MOV files to DVD so that they are playable in DVD recorders (ie. not data DVDs)? Might be the odd occasion that I'll be using .AVI and .MPEG files too, so if it could do all three, that would be awesome. I did have a Nero program on my old computer that did this, but the computer died and I forget the name of the software now.

Edit: I'm on Windows 7.

What software is best for burning .MOV files to DVD so that they are playable in DVD recorders (ie. not data DVDs)? Might be the odd occasion that I'll be using .AVI and .MPEG files too, so if it could do all three, that would be awesome. I did have a Nero program on my old computer that did this, but the computer died and I forget the name of the software now.

Edit: I'm on Windows 7.

PM incoming.

• Paid Members

A bit of a strange one here guys.

About 11pm last night, everybody in this flat (all six families) got a leaflet though the door saying that a "Drug Dealer" has been evicted from my street. It was just printed out on a small bit of paper. It looks like somebodies typed it in Word quickly, some obvious spelling mistakes in there. It says that our local Housing Association got a decree from Glasgow Sheriff Court to evict the person. Is there anyway I can check the Sheriff Court records to see if anybody actually has been evicted? Thanks there.

A bit of a strange one here guys.

About 11pm last night, everybody in this flat (all six families) got a leaflet though the door saying that a "Drug Dealer" has been evicted from my street. It was just printed out on a small bit of paper. It looks like somebodies typed it in Word quickly, some obvious spelling mistakes in there. It says that our local Housing Association got a decree from Glasgow Sheriff Court to evict the person. Is there anyway I can check the Sheriff Court records to see if anybody actually has been evicted? Thanks there.

The easier way would be to call the Housing Association - they would probably tell you if that was the case.

• Paid Members

Considering it was, quite obviously, a jokey line put in by Freaky, I'd suggest the person who tried making it into something it wasn't.

But still, round of applause for trying. Hell, you've been very trying for a damned long time.

Considering it was, quite obviously, a jokey line put in by Freaky, I'd suggest the person who tried making it into something it wasn't.

But still, round of applause for trying. Hell, you've been very trying for a damned long time.

No... not trying. Refusing to be in this UKFF clique, and having good, solid opinions on wrestling that aren't regimented in the UKFF norm, comes quite effortlessly, tbh.

Now get back to Freaky's under carriage.

No... not trying. Refusing to be in this UKFF clique, and having good, solid opinions on wrestling that aren't regimented in the UKFF norm, comes quite effortlessly, tbh.

Now get back to Freaky's under carriage.

I've only just spotted this.

Lame flame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Is it possible to record something on your Sky + HD box, take the box to somebody elses house and watch the recorded programme there?

Probably not. When the signal on occasion dies here, I cant watch recorded programs off the box as well as live tv so I assume you have to have be connected to watch. You'll have to burn a dvd or stick it on tape.

Is it possible to record something on your Sky + HD box, take the box to somebody elses house and watch the recorded programme there?

I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Surely it's just a case of loading up the box, and using the hard drive?

Unless you're not able to watch when not receiving a signal, as mentioned above. That would make sense though. I should imagine the whole planner/EPG software works together.

Archived