Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Suprised you didn't like the Chikara match, I thought it was quite good. See what you make of the 4-way tag from EVOLVE 2.

Having watched the first four Evolve shows Ive been really impressed with Bobby Fish, Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor, if Gabe continues to build the promotion around them I will remain a fan. My three favourite matches thus far have all involved Bobby Fish (vs. Hero, Claudio and Danielson).

Fish is a guy I've been happy to see booked since the beginning as I've always felt he's been very underrated - I was interviewed for the first EVOLVE show where I pimped the shit out of Richards vs Ibushi and Fish, but obviously the footage was never used :( - And those matches with Hero and Danielson were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

• Paid Members

Apparently Josh Raymond is about to retire due to injuries, hence the storyline about the HOT looking for new members. Shame, Raymond is by far the more talented of the two.

• Paid Members

Well, I ordered 4 DVD's from ROH a week or so ago, but they show no sign of posting them, so in the meantime...

DG : USA - Open The Global Gate

Open The Spanish Gate - 30/10/09

The Young Bucks vs. Shingo & Dragon Kid

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Results from this weekend from those that haven't been on the ROH forum :

12/11/10 * Survival Of The Fittest 2010 * Dearborn, MI

(1) Rhett Titus pinned Colt Cabana.

(2) Claudio Castagnoli pinned Grizzly Redwood after the UFO.

(3) Kevin Steen pinned Kyle O'Reilly.

(4) Adam Cole pinned Steve Corino.

(5) Eddie Edwards beat Chris Hero.

(6) Kenny King pinned El Generico.

(7) Homicide pinned Andy Ridge.

(8) Chris Daniels & The Briscoes beat Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin & Zach Gowen, Daniels pinning Gowen after the Best Moonsault Ever.

(9) Eddie Edwards won Survival Of The Fittest :

(I) Castagnoli pinned Steen ;

(II) Castagnoli pinned Cole ;

(III) Castagnoli pinned Titus after a European uppercut ;

(IV) King pinned Castagnoli after a kick from Edwards ;

(V) Edwards made King submit.

13/11/10 * Night of the Champions 2010 * Mississauga, Ontario

(1) Grizzly Redwood & Bobby Dempsey beat Michael Elgin & Zach Gowen, Redwood pinning Gowen after a flying elbow.

(2) Mark Briscoe pinned Andy Ridge after a cutthroat driver.

(3) Sara Del Rey pinned Jamilia Craft after a piledriver.

(4) Rhett Titus & Kenny King beat Colt Cabana & El Generico, Titus pinning Cabana with a schoolboy.

(5) Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly beat the Bravado Brothers.

(6) Homicide pinned Jay Briscoe after an Ace Crusher.

(7) World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli beat Kevin Steen & Steve Corino.

(8) World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong pinned Chris Daniels after a flying big boot.

So the obvious biggest stories are Edwards winning Survival Of The Fittest and Strong retaining in his first defence, both of which were widely predicted. Apparently Kings v Steenorino sounds like a really good match, if not a must-see.

Also Elgin attacked "new House of Truth member" Gowen after their loss, so I'm not convinced that Martini won't in fact give the spot to Elgin instead. We'll see.

• Paid Members

SOFT 10 looked a bit shite, but the Saturday show looked ok. Apparently Edwards has knackered his shoulder again, which is a touch worrying - I know from experience that once you injure your shoulder its always vunerable for pretty much the rest of your life.

Just started watching Hate: Chapter 2, hopefully a review up in the next few days. In the meantime....

DG: USA - Open The Northern Gate

• Paid Members

Ah, I just ordered that show and the two after from DGUSA.

Have just got to finish writing the review of Open The Ultimate Gate, then I'll have Phoenix night 1 thoughts on both ROH and DGUSA's efforts.

Currently making my way from Hate: Chapter II up to Glory by Honor IX. Spoilers ahead!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Hate isn't all that great. Wolves vs. GenMe is alright but it feels like i've seen it all before.

Salvation has a real good Wolves vs. Cabana/Generico match, a good Strong vs. Aries match and a cracking main event between Tyler Black and Kevin Steen.

Champions Challenge has two great singles matches in Richards vs. Steen and Tyler vs. Eddie Edwards.

Kevin Steen's performances at Salvation and Champions Challenge are just brilliant. Great heel work. Based off these two matches i'd say he is a strong contender to be ROH World Champion in 2011 and carry the company, the guy is just so fucking good on these shows.

Up next is Tag Wars with Steen vs. Strong, if Steen can have a good match with Roddy my point will be proven about how important Steen will be next year after the Generico feud. Also can't wait to see the rematch from Death Before Dishonor between Tyler and Richards. Colt Cabana said on his podcast that his match with Edwards on this show was his most enjoyable match in a long time so i'm looking forward to that one too.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Ive skipped Slavation and Champions Challenge, are they worth getting in the sale?

I got Hate, apart from Steen v El Generico which is great, I found the show very by the numbers.

Tag Wars is okay, the tag match is fun (especially when the DCFC are gone), and I actually enjoyed Davey v Black a whole lot more than their DBD bout.

Fade to Black is only worth getting for the Best of Tyler Black bonus disc (if you dont already own the matches).

Glory By Honor 9 is my personal favourite ROH show of 2010. The surprise at the end is a great ROH moment.