Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Last night's results -

Preshow1) Pelle Primeau & Kyle Durden defeat The Soul Shooters in six minutes with a bridging school boy. Decent little match.2) Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne & Ernie Osiris defeat two local talents in a fast paced match in four minutes with a modified code red.3) Rhett Titus defeats Sam Callahan in six minutes with a crucifix bomb. OK match.Main Show1) Shane Hagadorn & Tank Tolland defeat Silas Young & Mitch Franklin. Tolland returned and replaced Bobby Dempsey in the match. Tolland pinned Franklin with a one armed slam. After the match Albright ran in and cleared the ring of SNS Inc.2) Tyler Black defeats Delirious with a small package driver. Daizee Haze came down to ringside to even the odds with Allison Wonderland during the match. Allison Wonderland knocked Haze out with a purse, and Rhett Titus came down to check on Haze and carried her out.3) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Brent Albright & Jay Briscoe when he pinned Jay with a running European Uppercut. Good action.~After the match SNS Inc. hit the ring and attack Albright. Brent gets the upperhand and clears the ring of them yet again.4) Erick Stevens defeats Bryan Danielson with the Doctor Bomb.5) Necro Butcher defeats Austin Aries with a chair shot in a short brawl. Aries said he didn't want to fight Necro since his problems were with Jacobs, and that Jimmy doesn't care about Necro. Aries tells Necro that he should leave Age of the Fall, but it didn't stop Necro from fighting. Aries stopped fighting back midway through and took the chair shot.~INTERMISSION~6) Kevin Steen & El Generico defeat Jimmy Jacobs & Joey Matthews when Steen pinned Jacobs following a Generico Yokuza Kick.7) Chris Hero defeats Roderick Strong after a series of hard punches and roaring elbows. AWESOME, AWESOME match.8) Nigel McGuinness defeats Adam Pearce following a strong lariat to retain the ROH World Championship, and become NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion....BUT WAIT!The call is reversed via (you guessed it) the over the top rope DQ rule. Both men keep their belts.~A huge brawl breaks out to end the night. Mark Briscoe returned, and Kevin Steen made a promise to be wearing gold by ROH's return to Dayton on the 21st of November.

Mmmmmm, love that authentic NWA atmosphere :laugh:

• Paid Members

I wrote this one from memory, having watched the disc last week, so apologies for any inaccuracies.

Final Battle 2007 - 30/12/07

Bobby Fish & Matt Cross vs Ruckus & Jigsaw - certain UKFFers - we all know who they are - no doubt nodded approvingly at the return of Bobby Fish. The fact is he was only slightly less nondescript here than he was at the awful Reborn: Again event. A dull tag match with no heat whatsoever. Jigsaw hit

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

Didn't see Saturday nights event results posted so-

Preshow1) Josh Abercrombie & CJ Otis defeat Mitch Franklin & Kyle Durden when Otis pins Durden with a german suplex.2) Trik Davis defeats Shane Hollister with a superkick.3) Ernie Osiris defeats Egotistico Fantastico with a code red.Main Show~The four corner survival becomes a tag match of Alex Payne & Silas Young vs. Rhett Titus & Delirious when Titus announces Daizee Haze as the manager of he and Delirious!1) Delirious & Rhett Titus w/ Daizee Haze defeat Alex Payne & Silas Young when Rhett steals Delirious' pin on Payne.2) Erick Stevens defeats Jay Briscoe with a Doctor Bomb.3) Chris Hero defeats Pelle Primeau in a Lights Out Match. Albright interfered dumping Hero on his head, but Del Rey delivered a big shot to Pelle to keep him down for the count.4) Tyler Black & The Necro Butcher defeat Kevin Steen & El Generico when Black hammered Steen with a chair shot allowing Necro to get the pin.5) Claudio Castagnoli defeats American Dragon Bryan Danielson in what was described as an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT match. Claudio dropped Dragon with the elevated European Uppercut.~INTERMISSION~6) Non-Title: Sara Del Ray defeats MsChif & Daizee Haze when Sara pinned Daizee.~Larry Sweeney is out with SNS Inc. Go Shiozaki is Pearce's mystery partner.7) Roderick Strong & Brent Albright defeat Adam Pearce & Go Shiozaki via ref stoppage due to knees to the head of Pearce.~After the match Pearce threw a fireball at Albright and took him out.......8) Non-Title: ROH World Champion Nigel Mcguinness defeats Jerry Lynn with a variation of a roll up. Lynn got a ton of near falls and a huge "please come back" chant.9) Austin Aries defeats Jimmy Jacobs with a 450 following FIVE consecutive running drop kicks in the corner. The match was freaking awesome. MsChif interfered at one point and misted Aries. The Briscoes and the AOTF brawled.~As per the stipulations, Austin Aries gets to select the match for ROH's return to Chicago. He selects a No Disqualification match between Jimmy Jacobs and THE NECRO BUTCHER!

Taken from ROH discussion forum

• Paid Members

I'm liking the look of both this weekend's shows. Looks like Stevens is getting a push again, which works for me. Danielson losing on both nights is... well, it leaves things open to speculation, doesn't it? Nigel's championship reign is rolling along nicely. Would have liked Steen and Generico to win both of their matches with AOTF, but I guess their eventual tag title win is not too imminent yet.DDD, it's the second show of the year that's especially awful this year...

8) Non-Title: ROH World Champion Nigel Mcguinness defeats Jerry Lynn with a variation of a roll up. Lynn got a ton of near falls and a huge "please come back" chant.

It's about five years now since Jerry Lynn stopped wrestling full-time. Each time he comes back for an appearance or two since then I always imagine will be the time he finally starts to slow down and maybe lose a bit of sharpness as happens to almost all wrestlers in their mid-to-late forties.To hear him still getting favourable reviews and the "please come back" chants always makes me smile. Good on him. :thumbsup: Edited by dopper

Alex, did you see any of the DG matches from Orlando?

Yeah, I watched both of those shows. Pretty good stuff all round. Genki was brilliant, managing to be the only DG guy they've ever bought in who's worked as an effective heel. The sprint tags were fun Spot Fu, but pretty much suffered from a lot of two counts, which I guess is always going to happen. Still not bad though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Proving Ground - 11/1/08

Pelle Primeau & Eddie Edwards vs. Kenny King & Jason Blade - traditionally ROH

Could someone explain the Erick Stevens love to me? I really struggle to enjoy any of his work, regardless of who he's against..Steen I can understand, Tyler Black I can understand, even the recent Brent Albright love .. but Erick I just don't get for some reason.

• Paid Members

Puder was dropped due to the cost of using him, and his inexperience in proper matches, when ROH was still struggling after the financial black hole that was the West Coast tour in October last year and decided cutbacks were necessary around February this year. Kingston is crap, and never got past the tryout stage. Thankfully.

Edited by gadgetboy