Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Ok so I'm going to be in NY for a week from the 13th and I am thinking about going over to Philly for the PPV. Realistically, how easy is it to get there? Also, ROH have a TBD Northeastern date penciled in for the night before. I'm guessing it won't be NY as the 6th anniversary show would have just taken place but what is the likelihood of a NJ show?

• Paid Members

Hmm, Joey Matthews has always been bleh, I hope this is a one off appearence - well, one weekend

Spoiler in regards to last night Ultimate Endurance match

-- Last night at the Ring of Honor event in Chicago Ridge, Illinois, The No Remorse Corps' Davey Richards and Rocky Romero captured the ROH Tag Team championships Age of the Fall's Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs in an Ultimate Endurance match

Ok so I'm going to be in NY for a week from the 13th and I am thinking about going over to Philly for the PPV. Realistically, how easy is it to get there? Also, ROH have a TBD Northeastern date penciled in for the night before. I'm guessing it won't be NY as the 6th anniversary show would have just taken place but what is the likelihood of a NJ show?

Well, not that I like to pimp my own stuff, but I did the trip from NYC to Philly this time last year, and it's pretty easy. Take a look at this...Kinda tempted to do it again soon...

• Paid Members

Well, not that I like to pimp my own stuff, but I did the trip from NYC to Philly this time last year, and it's pretty easy. Take a look at this...Kinda tempted to do it again soon...
That's brilliant thanks bud. We've bought tickets to the PPV show now. It says that you missed the bus by ten minutes or so, was that unavoidable? Ideally Id like to be able to get back into NYC after the show.

Awesome to hear its Kota thats coming in

January 28th: We are very pleased to announce that Kota Ibushi from the DDT promotion in Japan will come to ROH for a very special one week stay. Ibushi will wrestle on 4/11 in Boston, 4/12 in Edison, 4/18 in Detroit and 4/19 in Chicago. ROH officials were blown away when they saw Ibushi live at NOAH's 7/15 Budokan Hall event. Efforts were made since that time to bring Ibushi to ROH and now he will make a very special one week only appearance in April. Ibushi will face main event quality opponents on all four nights. His opponents will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

This is what I'd like to see4/11 vs. El Generico4/12 vs. Roderick 4/18 vs. Danielson4/19 vs. Claudio (With how Claudio works with smaller guys this has to almost a cert to happen at some point and its somewhat of a dream match for me) Edited by Jun Kasai

• Paid Members

- Ring of Honor has been making significant financial cutbacks over the last week. Basically expenses have gotten too high, and the company will be cutting back on the number of performers per show and fly-ins. Some of the regulars will be missing shows on a rotation while major stars like Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries and ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness will be out the dates that they are booked in Japan. - Another cut back is that Daniel Puder will no longer be used, at least for now. Part of it is the cost of his west coast fly-in, and that his ring work isn't at the level ROH feels it needs to be at for him to headline. Gabe Sapolsky is high on him though, and feels he has a star aura about him.- The idea of moving to PPV was to help get the ROH name out more, increase attendance and DVD sales. That has not happened as of yet.- Chris Hero has suffered an MCL tear, but will work through the injury with a knee brace.

This taken from the ROH Message Board, who in turn got it from the Observer. Hmmm, what to make of it? It was pretty obvious the PPV's were tanking from the fact that ROH refused to release the buyrates. Realistically I think the only way they're going to expand awareness of the product is through TV. The bad thing about the scaling down of talent is that I suspect useless tossers like Whitmer and Pearce will keep their spots while decent wrestlers get junked, even if it is only for 50% of shows. You also have to wonder if this all stems from that bloody Cow Palace show. Not the best way to start the year, but there you go.