DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I have a new favorite film:

39335-large.jpg

it's FUCKING amazing. Had me sitting up with my mouth open in shock, had me crying, had me angry/happy/going crazy...

WOW

is the only way to sum it up. This film is BRILLIANT

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Stevie C...i posted about Brotherhood a few pages back, it's a fucking amazing movie...the scene where the brother goes to his brothers body at the end is the saddest scene ive ever seen in a movie, heartbreaking.everyone check this movie out.

Stevie C...i posted about Brotherhood a few pages back, it's a fucking amazing movie...the scene where the brother goes to his brothers body at the end is the saddest scene ive ever seen in a movie, heartbreaking.everyone check this movie out.

Erm, with respect you *might* want to put that in a spoiler box.But they do kinda make it obvious at the start anyawy.But you're right it is a fantastic movie.I only saw it last night and I'm still pumped up from seeing it.... Edited by DJ Stevie C

• Paid Members

yeh it aint much of a spoiler, the you know whats going to happen about 3 mins in :p recommend anymore korean/japanese war movie stevie? ive seen bullet in the head which is the most brutal war movie ive ever seen, and i have joint security area here to watch. seen any more?

Not yet. There's more I'm waiting on :) At the moment I'm really into Asian (Orient) Cinema so I've been watching lots of stuff.

Seven Samurai is great if you haven't seen that.

You'd probably enjoy "when the last sword is drawn" too but it's a bit long winded.

Most of the others have been mentioned here, Jonathan Rosses "Asian Invasion" has dug up some great movies too (things like Iron Monkey etc) and I think next week is Korea so looking forwards to that.

List of films featured:

Oldboy

Sympathy for Mr/Lady Vengence

Joint Security Area

The Bow

Samaritan Girl

3 Iron

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

Bad Guy

The Isle

Shiri

Brotherhood

R-Point

My Sassy Girl

Attack The Gas Station

Nowhere to HIde

Pulgasari

Some 'upcoming films'

Crying Fist

A Bittersweet life

The Unforgiven

Go check out: Korean Film

Guest donnie wwf

The Hills Have Eyes - excellent 70's Wes Craven flick, i love this kinda horror movie...inbred cannibalistic family try to take out a stranded family. All kinds of wild shit goes down, Craven was the man back in the day he made some pretty hardcore/cult flicks (then he started going all shit). This has been remade and is coming out later in the year, id like to see how it comes off.

Awesomeness. Love this flick. I havent got round to watching part 2 yet, I read that it hasnt got much on the first though. Im phsyed for the remake although I'd hate for the original to be forgotten about. Craven-goodness I'd reccomend: People Under the Stairs, A Nightmare On Elm Street, & Last House on the Left.

recently watched:-Sympathy For Mr VengeanceDukes Of HazzardWedding CrashersVan Wilder - Party Liaisongot loads of asian stuff to watch though, gonna get throught these soon:-Once Upon A Time In China TrilogyWing ChungIron MonkeyTwins Effect 1 and 2Fulltime KillerOld BoySympathy For Lady VengeanceSeven SwordsTakegugkiThai Chi Boxer2009 Lost MemoriesBorn To FightAnd way too much Anime.

recently watched:-Sympathy For Mr VengeanceDukes Of HazzardWedding CrashersVan Wilder - Party Liaisongot loads of asian stuff to watch though, gonna get throught these soon:-Once Upon A Time In China TrilogyWing ChungIron MonkeyTwins Effect 1 and 2Fulltime KillerOld BoySympathy For Lady VengeanceSeven SwordsTakegugkiThai Chi Boxer2009 Lost MemoriesBorn To FightAnd way too much Anime.

_1051271_del150.jpg""alight bareh, wanna buy sum dvd's guv""
lol very nice. amazingly none of my asian films will ever be for sale, im gonna keep em for ever.but i do have way to many. im a reverse of dellboy, which is infact my nickname. i dont buy to sell, i buy to keep.

R-Point and Crying Fist are two films i cant wait to see.

R-Point was nothing special when I watched it a few weeks back - I would place it just above Deathwatch!DelicatessenA good, imaginative, inventive, clever, very entertaining, very strange film, with an interesting story, and a hint of Terry Gilliam throughout. The movie also has some very interesting and enjoyable to watch characters. Delicatessen on the whole though didn Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

R-Point and Crying Fist are two films i cant wait to see.

R-Point was nothing special when I watched it a few weeks back - I would place it just above Deathwatch!
i liked Deathwatch, so it should be pretty cool :thumbsup:

Fun with Dick and Jane

No fun at all. Tried to be a comedy but wasn't funny enough, when I watch a Jim Carrey film I either want Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber or Ace Ventura or I want the Jim Carrey from The Truman Show or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, not some watered down bullshit that any old Hollywood actor could have played. I enjoyed the caper element towards the end of the film and if they'd stuck with this route they could have made a better film rather than a comedy.

3/10

Garden State - I had been meaning to see this film for a long time now and I finally got round to buying it the other day. I watched it yesterday and I must say, it's been a long long time since a film has stuck with me like this one has. One of the best films I've seen in a long time and definitely one I'll go back to again. Highest possible recommendation from me.

Pleasantville - I'm not a fan of either Toby Macguire or Reese Witherspoon, but I really liked this one. At first glance it seems like just another standard comedy, but it's actually a really interesting commentary on life in the 50's and how change affects people in different ways. Some really amusing moments and good performances all round. Highly recommended.

Got 'Awakenings' with Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams to watch next.

Edited by Art Vandelay

• Paid Members

Got 'Awakenings' with Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams to watch next.

good film, its one of the forgotten classics (i dont anyone who's seen it other than me)...most inriguing thing about it is the condition of the patients im the film is a real medical condition, its fucking weird.