WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

What did you think of the final 3rd of Fahrenheit? It is quite a bone of contention on here.

I liked the more you discovered about Kane as the game progressed, not so sure on the

necrophilia in the subway piece.

Thought the end was all too easy though for a game you invested that much game time in but as a story, I thought it was very well thought out and everything isn't perfect for everyone by the end of it all and I liked that aspect. Some things bothered me such as why the HELL did they include the 'electronic subconcious'? Just looked like an afterthought. I also had a lot of questions by the end of it I wanted answering but then so do most good films. Example...

Kane is dead yet he is sat under a tree at the end with Carla. He's dead so is he now an immortal?

In summary, it had it's faults but I don;t think it can be considered bad or boring in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I went and bought Madden08 PSP this weekend.Started by doing what I usually do and booted up a Franchise game, I love team development and worked through the pre-season sucessfully. Pre-Season was fun but easy so boosted the difficulty and started the season proper. Now, I love my team and player development so I signed a few players to my practice squad as usual with the idea that by the end of the season they'd be challenging for 1st team places.Did some practice for the Chargers game and won some coaching points.And then ran some drills with my practice squad to improve them.... And that's where it all went wrong.5 times I ran drills, 5 different players, winning points and not winning points.If you win points the game crashes every time after assigning them.If you don't it will lock on the page after the drill and not continue (you can press home to get back to the main menu)I'm well pissed off, so first of all DO NOT BUY MADDEN08 for the PSP.Until I find out.........1 Does anyone know if this is a fault known with the game or if it's somehow just my version that's fecked?Had a scout around but can't find an answer.

• Awards Moderator

Okay, so I went and bought Madden08 PSP this weekend.Started by doing what I usually do and booted up a Franchise game, I love team development and worked through the pre-season sucessfully. Pre-Season was fun but easy so boosted the difficulty and started the season proper. Now, I love my team and player development so I signed a few players to my practice squad as usual with the idea that by the end of the season they'd be challenging for 1st team places.Did some practice for the Chargers game and won some coaching points.And then ran some drills with my practice squad to improve them.... And that's where it all went wrong.5 times I ran drills, 5 different players, winning points and not winning points.If you win points the game crashes every time after assigning them.If you don't it will lock on the page after the drill and not continue (you can press home to get back to the main menu)I'm well pissed off, so first of all DO NOT BUY MADDEN08 for the PSP.Until I find out.........1 Does anyone know if this is a fault known with the game or if it's somehow just my version that's fecked?Had a scout around but can't find an answer.

I bought this last week, works fine for me although I haven't ran the drills on Franchise mode. I'll try it tomorrow.I finally finished MGS3 after no explainable delay. Hurrah!

Okay, so I went and bought Madden08 PSP this weekend.*snip*I'm well pissed off, so first of all DO NOT BUY MADDEN08 for the PSP.Until I find out.........1 Does anyone know if this is a fault known with the game or if it's somehow just my version that's fecked?Had a scout around but can't find an answer.

I bought this last week, works fine for me although I haven't ran the drills on Franchise mode. I'll try it tomorrow.I finally finished MGS3 after no explainable delay. Hurrah!
Oh please do Black2, and let me know what happens in this thread I'd be very interested.If that feature worked agian I'd be a bit happier although I've spotted another Class bug and a potential [A] Class bug too. If I was test manager at EA I'd be kicking up a real stink (if I still had my job that is)

Fahrenheit was ok until it went absolutely mental, but I'll never get tired of Big Yellow Sprite Man:bigyellowspriteman2gu8.jpg

Yup, so pointless and short his entry in to th game. However, side note... quality soundtrack. Would possibly enter my top 5 game soundtracks ever along with Wipeout & Gran Turismo but nowhere near beating the top ('Loaded' with a complete soundtrack by Pop Will Eat Itself... awesome!)

• Awards Moderator

Okay, so I went and bought Madden08 PSP this weekend.*snip*I'm well pissed off, so first of all DO NOT BUY MADDEN08 for the PSP.Until I find out.........1 Does anyone know if this is a fault known with the game or if it's somehow just my version that's fecked?Had a scout around but can't find an answer.

I bought this last week, works fine for me although I haven't ran the drills on Franchise mode. I'll try it tomorrow.
Oh please do Black2, and let me know what happens in this thread I'd be very interested.If that feature worked agian I'd be a bit happier although I've spotted another Class bug and a potential [A] Class bug too. If I was test manager at EA I'd be kicking up a real stink (if I still had my job that is)
Class aside, Franchise/Drill mode worked fine for me. Do you not think it's bit rash to scream "DO NOT BUY MADDEN" without at least taking it back first?Anyway, love some of those clothesline tackles.

Class aside, Franchise/Drill mode worked fine for me. Do you not think it's bit rash to scream "DO NOT BUY MADDEN" without at least taking it back first?Anyway, love some of those clothesline tackles.

Nope. It's not rash to scream "do not buy madden" until I find out what's wrong with it, which I was trying to do by asking around and checking message boards etc but I don't have a whole lot of time at the moment.There appears to be nothing wrong with the disc, nothing wrong with my PSP (software isn't cracked and is up to date) I'd rather scream "don't buy madden" than have a few other dissapointed friends/people.I'll take my copy back and try to exchange it. Some of the features look okay, I'm not sure how far it's come but yes, some of the tackles are nice, but I'm not sure about the collision detection in there. Still I am playing it! Just missing out on one of my favorite bits until I replace it.

I've been playing Pokemon Diamond on the DS recently. Pretty good game, good graphics and gameplay, although I think they could have been a bit more original. Thus far the plot seems too much like Blue, Silver and so on.Anyone else got it?

Edited by GIB

Currently playing through Call of Duty 2 on Veteran on the 360. So frustrating.I was at the last checkpoint of a level in the British campaign (the one where you have to use the anti-aircraft gun) but the way the game has saved the checkpoint, I can't actually survive when it loads - so I have to do the bastardin' level again!

• Paid Members

I've been playing Pokemon Diamond on the DS recently. Pretty good game, good graphics and gameplay, although I think they could have been a bit more original. Thus far the plot seems too much like Blue, Silver and so on.Anyone else got it?

I'm getting my copy of Diamond tomorrow, I heard the story is the same.........but I dont think that will ruin my enjoyment. Looking forward to copying across all my legends and rare pokemon from Fire Red and Ruby. Annoying thing is though that I assume when I copy across for example my (male) Blaziken, the new Diamond pokedex wont give me Torchic / Combusken ticked off, meaning i have to play through Ruby again. annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Global Defence Force on PS2.

No-nonsense blow-up-everything-you-see 3rd-person shooter, single-handedly fending off an army of giant ants around the streets of London with a rocket launcher and a tank from the very start. That big office building in your way? Just raze it to the ground. DIE, alien insect scum!