WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to get Madden 07 for a while now,but have never played a Madden game. I had NFL Fever 2003 for the Xbox and rinsed that from the christmas i got it,right up until the christmas i got my 360. Amazing game and one of my all time favourites. So Stevie and JB,have you played Fever? If so,how would it compare to Madden 07? I really need some NFL on my 360... As for what i've been playing; my friend leant me Gears of War a while back and i've been playing that quite a fair bit. Haven't touched it in a few days,but i was on the second level of insane if i remember correctly. Just been playing Tony Hawk's Project 8 earlier,and it's still awesome. Ranked third,and still trying to get everything completed. It seems everytime i have a go on it, i always complete a challenge/get some gaps. I never play it and come away with nothing...

I was thinking 'Go With The Flow' would maybe be the first song on the game, like 'Shout At The Devil' was in GHII. Nothing too hard, with enough wee licks here and there to keep it mildly interesting.I was about to say "if *insert song here* makes it, I will cream myself", but looking at the songs on that list, there's not one I wouldn't want to play.If I could REALLY pick one, I immensely hope 'Sultans of Swing' by Dire Straits makes it. That song is perfect for GH. Hell, even 'Money For Nothing' would fit.

If I could REALLY pick one, I immensely hope 'Sultans of Swing' by Dire Straits makes it.

Jesus. The solo at the end of that'd cramp up yer digits!

Ah.. JB... One thing, I'm playing superstar mode, as a halfback, enjoying it and just getting into it really... BUT IT'S PEEING ME OFF!!! I can not work out how to change the camera angle, can you?

Nope. That's why I gave up on Superstar mode. Also, never go to the Patriots as a Running Back as all Brady does is throw short passes out of 4 receiver sets. You don't get enough touches!! The only camera angle change is if you're doing a receiving, or block and release, route. Push B pre snap and you get a side on view so you can see the snap. Superstar mode's a nice idea but fatally flawed with the horrific locked onto one player cam.

I've been wanting to get Madden 07 for a while now,but have never played a Madden game. I had NFL Fever 2003 for the Xbox and rinsed that from the christmas i got it,right up until the christmas i got my 360. Amazing game and one of my all time favourites. So Stevie and JB,have you played Fever? If so,how would it compare to Madden 07?

I don't know how it would compare but Madden's good.
So every running play isn't like that then? Thank heavens. If I get bored on WoW I'll fire up the Franchise mode then.

I got Motorstorm today but the blinking PS3 wont be here till end of week so I guess I'll stick to playing Killzone on the PS2. Never really took notice of the game when it first came out, and I think I am enjoying it a lot as I didn't pay attention to all the hype.Been playing far too much Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine on the NGage with Mega Drive emulator. If I had a Wii I would probably be playing it on that too.

Oh, and my cousin has imported the new Harvest Moon game on the 'cube

I can't believe that Magical Melody has been delayed over here again in the last week or so. Though the publishers have said that it is still coming out here, which is a good thing. Is the American one region free? Or do you need the freeloader?

I thought Eternal Darkness was a pretty good game. Moved along at a good pace, and I seem to remember some pretty good scary/creepy moments from it. The fact that I havent heard anything about a sequal seems to suggest it didnt sell very well.

Eternal Darkness is a good game. Only bought it recently, but from what I've played so far there are some good scares and action pieces, as well as a good story and atmosphere. Don't know why it didn't do better, though at least it is always in Gamecube 'recommended' games lists in mags and websites.As far as a sequel goes, the president of Silicon Knights has said that they will be doing a sort of sequel, set in the same universe:

I am most often asked if we have sequels in mind for Eternal Darkness. The answer is absolutely yes. Although this may not be obvious to those outside of Silicon Knights, anyone inside the guild understands that there is really no other answer. When creating an original game we start by conceptualizing an entire universe. Once the universe is conceptualized we then tell a story within that world. For example, in Eternal Darkness we created a universe in which imprisoned ancients were struggling to regain entry into our world. We created a hierarchy of these Ancients, Great Ancients, and other minor players and then built the story around how three of them may slowly succeed in doing so. Their instrument is Pious Augustus, a roman centurion, who eventually becomes a powerful undead liche. Ironically, this immortal character is nothing but a pawn. Dispite the fact that he has very powerful magick and lived for over two millennia, his power is still nothing compared to that of the wizened Ancients. This type of scope and scale is what we try to create in all of our universes.Although this is just one story we had in mind for the Eternal Darkness universe, there are even more manipulations, great ancients, and numerous other stories to tell

• Paid Members

Oh, and my cousin has imported the new Harvest Moon game on the 'cube

I can't believe that Magical Melody has been delayed over here again in the last week or so. Though the publishers have said that it is still coming out here, which is a good thing. Is the American one region free? Or do you need the freeloader?
You need the freeloader. My Wii won't load it unfortunately, and it won't load the freeloader either, though with the Wii having an eject button I don't think it'd be much use anyway. However, as well as owning a freeloader, by an odd series of coincidences and police auctions my cousins actually own three Gamecubes, one Japanese, one American and one European. Three different colours with a couple of memory cards for each. How extravagant is that? So far my cousin has been making it her mission to marry the doctor. She keeps giving him gifts, as you do in harvest moon, though bizarrely these gifts are often rocks she finds lying around. On a more sinister note, she also makes her character work until she passes out, so she ends up in the hospital and has another chance to talk to him. Such disturbing behaviour in a happy bouncy game. I'm of the opinion that Harvest moon peaked with the Snes game, but I still enjoy the new ones. On an unrelated note, we played Donkey Konga again recently, and I noticed that Lady Marmalade is the Missy/Mya/Lil Kim etc. version, and it is not censored, which surely makes it the first Nintendo game ever to include the word "whore". Also, my "The Impression that I get" skills remain intact. I ended up downloading The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' version of that song after hearing it on Donkey Konga, and I'm really not a ska punk person. Edited by JLM

However, as well as owning a freeloader, by an odd series of coincidences and police auctions my cousins actually own three Gamecubes, one Japanese, one American and one European. Three different colours with a couple of memory cards for each. How extravagant is that? So far my cousin has been making it her mission to marry the doctor. She keeps giving him gifts, as you do in harvest moon, though bizarrely these gifts are often rocks she finds lying around. On a more sinister note, she also makes her character work until she passes out, so she ends up in the hospital and has another chance to talk to him. Such disturbing behaviour in a happy bouncy game. I'm of the opinion that Harvest moon peaked with the Snes game, but I still enjoy the new ones.

Three Gamecubes! Saves time waiting for games to be released here I suppose (although not much use now! :laugh:).'A Wonderful Life' was decent, especially graphically, but did get quite tedious. Have only played a couple before that, but they were much better gameplay wise. From what I've heard Magically Melody is a lot like the N64 one, which from the few times I played that, seemed good.

At the moment, I'm playing non stop on my newly built arcade cabinet - which normally means my time is split between...

Marvel vs. Capcom : Clash

Marvel vs. Street Fighter

KOF

WWF Wrestlewar

Metal Slug X

Rampage

Pang

TMNT

Alien vs. Predator

ooh and Caddilacs & Dinosaurs

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to mention Robocop!

FALCONS ARCADE CABINET

Edited by birdofprey

Gave up on "The Rescue" mission in Driver. Waaaaay too hard.

I've gone back to the PS1 Metal Gear Solid. I've got the lot, so I thought I'd play the saga in release order (MGS, Special Missions, MGS2: Substance, Snake Eater). It's taken me about seven hours to get to the warehouse containing REX (the same amount of time I've spent trying to unsuccessfully beat that Driver mission) and I've really enjoyed the whole experience.

The Psycho Mantis section is still one of the most inventive things I've ever seen in a video game ("I will move your controller using the power of my mind alone..."). His theme tune also scares my cat.

Public Service Announcement

WH Smith are having another of their cheap-as-fuck entertainment clearouts including a ton of games. Most of the PS2 selection hover between

Guest Dangerous Dave

Just finished Liberty City Stories- good old fashioned fun. I've also got the Brian Lara 2007 cricket game, not bad but seems to either be far too easy or stupidly hard, depending on the mode on which it is set. On the eaisest I can cream Australia with Bermuda, on the hardest any team just hits 4 after 4 after 4. Middle setting don't change much.

Right, that's Metal Gear Solid out of the way (about 10 hours, for the record), along with the little VR missions. I can't be arsed with Special Missions at the moment, so it's on to MGS2: Substance. I'm going to play through the main game, then all the extra goodies I think.

Extra bonus: when I opened the case, my copy of Burnout fell out. I've been looking for that for months.

On the subject of MGS: Does anybody have/know how/where to get the CODEC ringing and "!" sound effects? I need new ring and SMS tones. :-D

Thank you kindly. :D

I think "!" turns up without any backing music in one of the trailers on The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2, so I'll swipe that from there.