WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
A great MegaDrive compilation is coming to PS2 and PSP .Games include: * Alex Kidd - The Enchanted Castle * Altered Beast * Bonanza Bros. * Columns * Comix Zone * Decap Attack * Ecco the Dolphin * Ecco: The Tides of Time * Ecco Jr. * Eternal Champions * Flicky * Gain Ground * Golden Axe * Golden Axe II * Golden Axe III * Phantasy Star II * Phantasy Star III * Phantasy Star IV * Ristar * Shadow Dancer: Secret of Shinobi * Shinobi III * Sonic The Hedgehog * Sonic The Hedgehog 2 * Super Thunderblade * Sword of Vermillion * Tac/Scan (PS2-only unlockable) * Vectorman * Vectorman 2 * Virtua Fighter 2 * Zaxxon (PS2-only unlockable) * Zektor (PS2-only unlockable)That's a great selection. There's no point saying "why isn't so-and-so there", there's just too much choice. Shinobi III, the Golden Axes, Eternal Champions, VF2... those on a PSP would be awesome.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of old games: anybody seen this? It's a handheld console running Linux with about eight bazillion different emulator ports available. Has a hardware video scaling chip and comes with a full suite of Linux media software preinstalled. That makes it much more compatible than a default Windows install, let alone the MP4-only PSP. And it has a TV out port!Downsides - no 3D chip (Playstation emulation is available but realistically it's 2D only), not directly rechargeable (takes AAs, which you can obviously recharge if you want), no networking.I really don't need it, but I'm sorely tempted - for the geek value, if nothing else. :)

Edited by Spatular

• Awards Moderator

Speaking of old games: anybody seen this? It's a handheld console running Linux with about eight bazillion different emulator ports available. Has a hardware video scaling chip and comes with a full suite of Linux media software preinstalled. That makes it much more compatible than a default Windows install, let alone the MP4-only PSP. And it has a TV out port!Downsides - no 3D chip (Playstation emulation is available but realistically it's 2D only), not directly rechargeable (takes AAs, which you can obviously recharge if you want), no networking.I really don't need it, but I'm sorely tempted - for the geek value, if nothing else. :)

The problem is its yet another all-singing all-dancing handheld that isn't made by Sony. It will fall by the wayside, great though its specs sing :( I don't know why investors keep pouring money into gadgets like this.

• Paid Members

A great MegaDrive compilation is coming to PS2 and PSP .Games include: * Alex Kidd - The Enchanted Castle * Altered Beast * Bonanza Bros. * Columns * Comix Zone * Decap Attack * Ecco the Dolphin * Ecco: The Tides of Time * Ecco Jr. * Eternal Champions * Flicky * Gain Ground * Golden Axe * Golden Axe II * Golden Axe III * Phantasy Star II * Phantasy Star III * Phantasy Star IV * Ristar * Shadow Dancer: Secret of Shinobi * Shinobi III * Sonic The Hedgehog * Sonic The Hedgehog 2 * Super Thunderblade * Sword of Vermillion * Tac/Scan (PS2-only unlockable) * Vectorman * Vectorman 2 * Virtua Fighter 2 * Zaxxon (PS2-only unlockable) * Zektor (PS2-only unlockable)That's a great selection. There's no point saying "why isn't so-and-so there", there's just too much choice. Shinobi III, the Golden Axes, Eternal Champions, VF2... those on a PSP would be awesome.

And there was me never going to buy a PSP...now I have no choice :(

The problem is its yet another all-singing all-dancing handheld that isn't made by Sony. It will fall by the wayside, great though its specs sing :( I don't know why investors keep pouring money into gadgets like this.
But the beauty of it is that it doesn't matter if it falls by the wayside. You know there's a huge supply of old games that you'll always be able to rip or otherwise get hold of. There are people developing new games for it - the SDK's free to download, which is another attraction for proper hardcore :nerd:s - but who really cares if they suddenly decide to stop?

• Awards Moderator

But the beauty of it is that it doesn't matter if it falls by the wayside. You know there's a huge supply of old games that you'll always be able to rip or otherwise get hold of. There are people developing new games for it - the SDK's free to download, which is another attraction for proper hardcore :nerd:s - but who really cares if they suddenly decide to stop?
It wasn't really a "this thing is SHIT" post, more a "I can't understand why people keep making gadgets like this and expect to make money". I agree it's a nifty gadget and yes, extra :nerd: points.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, this had slid down to page 7. Time to wrong that right...>ahem...<***CALLING ALL FRUGAL GAMERS!***Just bee into my local WHSmith and they've got a whole bundle of games going seriously cheap. Mostly PS2 and Xbox, but I also saw PC and GBA stuff.How cheap, you ask? Most of it's under a fiver. It's all a couple of years old and, as usual with this sort of clear out, there's a lot of snooker and tiddlywinks games, but I picked up fully boxed PS2 versions of Spider-Man 2 for

Edited by gwailofilms

Currently going through 'The Warriors' again. Fantastic game, does so much justice to its source material (I actually now enjoy the movie more after the release of the game) and to this day, I do not get sick of beating the living shit out of some lame-ass punk in make-up.

Interesting; instead of double-posting, the forum stuck my two posts together as one. Is that supposed to happen or have I fucked something up?

It happens if you reply quickly enough.EDIT: Still no feature to stop bastards replying before you when you've not bothered to quote... :sneaky: Edited by Just Me

I hear Max Payne aint great on PS2 but I'm having that for a quid. I'm off to WH Smith!

I really enjoyed the PC version and, yeah, I figured it was worth a go for a pound. You can't rent it for that much.