WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Does anybody know much about 'The Movies'? I fancied it when I saw it during development and now that it's out, I'd love to give it a pop.Any opinions?

Much like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it (sorry, Dave :D).There are some frustrating elements (can't zoom out far enough. The stuff the scriptwriters come up with if left to their own devices is usually cack. Why can't it remember costumes scene-to-scene for more than two actors? etc.), but overall, it's great fun.My biggest hit so far has been "Guns of the Forgotten", a 12 scene war epic that cost over $10,000 and took 26 game months to make, then shot straight to the top of the box office and raked in over $700,000. Magic.Play.com have it for

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off sick (>cough, splutter<), so have been tucked up on the sofa with a hot water bottle and Resi 4. Cracking stuff. I've just killed El Gigante (yep) and rescued Ashley, but I'm now tragically short on ammo and about to return to the village. I do have a hoofin' great rocket launcher should the need arise, though...

You only get one shot for your money, then you need to buy another damn rocket launcher :(Why doesn't the merchant sell ammo? Doesn't he know theres a higher mark up with accessories? Tempt you with the weapons then make a killing selling on ammo. Pah

Does anybody know much about 'The Movies'? I fancied it when I saw it during development and now that it's out, I'd love to give it a pop.Any opinions?

Much like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it (sorry, Dave :D).There are some frustrating elements (can't zoom out far enough. The stuff the scriptwriters come up with if left to their own devices is usually cack. Why can't it remember costumes scene-to-scene for more than two actors? etc.), but overall, it's great fun.My biggest hit so far has been "Guns of the Forgotten", a 12 scene war epic that cost over $10,000 and took 26 game months to make, then shot straight to the top of the box office and raked in over $700,000. Magic.Play.com have it for

• Moderators

The FFWD button confused me too, but you don't press or hold it down to jump a section of time, you just click it once and everything runs quicker (not sure how much quicker though, maybe double speed or something). You know if it's selected, because it'll say 'Fast Forward' on the top of the screen.

The FFWD button confused me too, but you don't press or hold it down to jump a section of time, you just click it once and everything runs quicker (not sure how much quicker though, maybe double speed or something). You know if it's selected, because it'll say 'Fast Forward' on the top of the screen.

Ahhh. Now I'm with it. Fast Forward was at the top of my screen for about 10 minutes yesterday. I kept thinking it was telling me to use it.

There was a thread or perhaps it was even in here about Command and Conquer. EA are releasing The First Decade for PC next month featuring every comman and conquer game and expansion pack with a host of extra goodies. Its up to preorder at HMV online for

Ahhh. Now I'm with it. Fast Forward was at the top of my screen for about 10 minutes yesterday. I kept thinking it was telling me to use it.
You'd think they'd start writing instruction manuals for these games, eh? ;) Edited by Just Me

You'd think they'd start writing instruction manuals for these games, eh? ;)
The guy at the market doesn't do instruction manuals. ;)

:omg:I'm telling.

:omg:I'm telling.
:(

Think I asked this about six months ago, but I'll try again...

I've been playing R-Type (Delta and Final) again and I'm now just gagging for some new 2-D scrolly-shooter action. Anyone played Ikaruga? Anyone heard if Gradius Portable is due for a UK release (doesn't look likely :()? Anyone know of anything else I should be looking at?

Ta.

Edited by Spatular

• Paid Members

Ikaruga is excellent and suitably challenging. The colour switching adds a nice tactical element to it and there are plenty of chaotic near-death moments requiring some rapid switching. Bosses are all flashtastic too. As for WHAT PLAY I? Aside from the omni-present Pro evo 5 that owns our uni house PS2, I'm back on the Metal Slug. Metal Slug 3 to be precise. Got it for a fiver and I've been setting myself the old one credit challenge. Also the one life challenge. Great fun. In addition to that I bought some bargain bin FPS games to go with the big-ass TV I've brought to the house this term. Along with Halo 2 (and Halo 1 for Sidewinder purposes) I've added Unreal Championship, Serious Sam and a couple of Medal of Honour games to provide a bit of multiplayer variety. I'm loving the Serious Sam single-player mode too. It is utterly mindless, but one of the most wonderfully old school games I've played in ages. A little score indicator floats up when you kill things, you have enormous bosses and the "mission" is kill everything then advance to the next room. Also you have lives and continues! Lives! They even have extra lives that are a little version of your man, and you get an extra one for eaching 100,000 points. It's like Smash TV crammed into a first person shooter. So yeah, mind numbing and not a classic but I've found it a blast for five pounds. Oh, and I need to get back to Gregory Horror show when I get time, only scratched the surface of it so far.