WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone playing Madden 09 on PSP? It runs really,really well for a handheld,and the game modes are almost on par with the console version's. But i cant help thinking it's too easy. The receivers light up green when they are open,and you hit them every time. When you play D,the opposing offense nearly always hand's it off until third down when they throw and nearly always beat you deep. In short,the loading times are minimal,the game modes are nice and in depth,but the game play glitches kill it.

I agree.It's a really nice fun little game, and then you try something the Superstar thingy (don't have it in front of me can't think of the actual name) where you complete scenarios and, wow that is the most frustrating thing in the world. Struggle to get up the pitch, score, 10 seconds left, they bomb it and score every damn time.... Especially on the later tiers.

Been playing a lot of Madden on 360 also and thankfully it does not contain the same glitches.

PS3 needs a couple of major bugs fixed, when they do that it's a brilliant game.

Stupid work filter blocking Youtube. What is it what is it what is it?

It's a Korean PC version of Street Fighter II, similiar to Rainbow edition or Red Wave, but not one i'm familiar with at all. Anyway, the video is of a fight between Guile and Sagat (not sure if it's actually a boss stage, it's fought on Guile's stage, but with these Korean/Chinese versions, you never know), with Sagat murdering Guile with repeated, unblockable fireballs. Horrid.

Been playing a lot of Madden on 360 also and thankfully it does not contain the same glitches.

Do you find every game being decided on the last possession?
No,to be honest i don't. In my Franchise, i play as Tennessee and much like my real life counterparts, i keep it conservative. Run first,try and shut them down with the D. Been blown away a few times, and have won comfortably in others.

Can anyone recommend me some GameCube games? For the purposes of playing on my Wii, while waiting for current gen games to drop in price.

I have Super Mario Sunshine, Def Jam: Fight For NY, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (shudder), and recently ordered WWE Day of Reckoning 2.

I'm not so interested in games that I plan to eventually buy Wii updates for, like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

So, any suggestions? And which is better for an FPS softie, Metroid Prime 1 or 2?

Can anyone recommend me some GameCube games? For the purposes of playing on my Wii, while waiting for current gen games to drop in price.I have Super Mario Sunshine, Def Jam: Fight For NY, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (shudder), and recently ordered WWE Day of Reckoning 2.I'm not so interested in games that I plan to eventually buy Wii updates for, like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.So, any suggestions? And which is better for an FPS softie, Metroid Prime 1 or 2?

My apologies for list-o-mania here, if you want to know anything specific about any of these, i'll help out where I can.Chibi-RoboWario WorldViewtiful JoePaper Mario: The Thousand Year DoorWave Race: Blue StormPikmin 1+2Incredible Hulk: Ultimate DestructionKiller7Eternal Darkness: Sanity

• Paid Members

I'll also suggest Mario Party 4, yes there's a newer game on the Wii, but I still view number 4 as the best of the series, with the only flaws being the boo's (it's impossible to actually stop them taking a star/coins despite what the game tells you), and the fact you can't skip the animation for the lamp, but everything else is pretty solid.

Thanks for the ideas. Paper Mario is on my "must get" list if I see it for a decent price. If there's not much between them, I guess I'll start on the first Metroid Prime and see how I get on with it before buying the second.I've never quite understood what Pikmin's really like. The source of it has me interested, but then from what I hear it's basically a resource management/strategy game in colourful disguise, and that type of genre's never appealed to me.[nothing], could you expand on what makes Chibi-Robo worth getting?

Okay, so it appears Gouken (or Sheng Long for all you old school EGM readers) is about to appear in Street Fighter 4, via a time-based unlock facility type deal.

http://img104.imagevenue.com/tempfull.php?...c_122_537lo.jpg

• Paid Members

About time they used Gouken. He's been rumoured to appear in-game forever. I've played numerous good Mugen attempts at making him, but it'll be nice to see him done properly. It's a weird time to do it given that he only showed up in an ending in the Alpha series. SFIV is set in between SF2 and SF3, but it's never been made clear exactly when Gouki's supposed to have killed him. I see that Cammy, Dan and Fei Long are scheduled to appear in the home version of SFIV too. I knew Capcom don't have any love for Dee Jay and didn't expect to see him, but I'm surprised they didn't stick T. Hawk in: I thought it was just me who thought he was garbage.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are both essential. Neither are particularly welcoming to the novice FPS player but with a bit of practice and perseverance you'll get through them. They're not often unfairly difficult, but don't expect to breeze through either of them. Both are absolutely worth the effort.

See I'd say the opposite is true. As a seasoned FPS player I found getting used to the controls in Metriod an absolute fucking nightmare, it may be from a first person perspective and be about shooting but it is nothing like an FPS.Oh, and get the first one as it is much better. The seond has too much fannying about with having to hop between the two worlds whereas the first one it quite simply awesome in every imaginable way.