WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

prob not the place for this , but here goesAm currently Playing Duke Nuke'em 3d, after getting it to work on Vista and.... Carmageddon.. After countless patching managed to get around cd swap through dos box, but have no sound despite a full install..Anyone know how to get around that?Other than that, Iam getting extremeky frustated on Battlestar Galactica for PS2 upto mission 11 or 12 and its nigh on impossible grr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prob not the place for this , but here goesAm currently Playing Duke Nuke'em 3d, after getting it to work on Vista and.... Carmageddon.. After countless patching managed to get around cd swap through dos box, but have no sound despite a full install..Anyone know how to get around that?Other than that, Iam getting extremeky frustated on Battlestar Galactica for PS2 upto mission 11 or 12 and its nigh on impossible grr

Apparently you need to use JUST carmageddon 1, no patches, no nothing, and it should work.

Apparently you need to use JUST carmageddon 1, no patches, no nothing, and it should work.

Oh right tried that and it wont go full screen cos boots in dos 4gw... or summat any ideas around that?
No idea dude, are you using just standard dosbox or have you got a frontend?If not I reccomend using D-Fend.

Oh right tried that and it wont go full screen cos boots in dos 4gw... or summat any ideas around that?
No idea dude, are you using just standard dosbox or have you got a frontend?If not I reccomend using D-Fend.
hmm will ahve alook.. having probs wigth front ends and vista.. bu t will tgake a lookyNow all i need is SWOS to work :)

• 1 month later...

To any Wii owners out there, there is now a method to play downloaded ISO's on burnt DVD's without chipping your Wii - it's just a software mod. I don't have all the info yet but I know there's more on GBAtemp.net and it can be downloaded off Demonoid.On topic - just got Rock Band for PS3 as the patch hit yesterday that lets your Guitar Hero Les Paul work in the game :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

To any Wii owners out there, there is now a method to play downloaded ISO's on burnt DVD's without chipping your Wii - it's just a software mod. I don't have all the info yet but I know there's more on GBAtemp.net and it can be downloaded off Demonoid.On topic - just got Rock Band for PS3 as the patch hit yesterday that lets your Guitar Hero Les Paul work in the game :thumbsup:

Pretty sure the mod for the Wii has been around aaaaages, unless you're talking about something other than the mod where you put a file on a SD card, stick it in the console, cope it across to the Wii, and then fire up Zelda, which will in turn force a crash of the game and give you a new item in the main menu dealio to play homebrew games.Incidentally this will also void your warranty, so it's really only worth doing once the console is out of it's warrant period.As for Rock Band, after playing it a few times on the 360 when we've had a kind of gaming night here with a bunch of mates, I've found that the Guitar Hero guitar is much, much better than the Rock Band guitar. the Rock Band guitar is just too bulky for my hand to comfortably hold, and after a few songs my fingers are hurting, the GH controller has never been a problem and I can happily play the game for hours on end without worry.

Pretty sure the mod for the Wii has been around aaaaages, unless you're talking about something other than the mod where you put a file on a SD card, stick it in the console, cope it across to the Wii, and then fire up Zelda, which will in turn force a crash of the game and give you a new item in the main menu dealio to play homebrew games.Incidentally this will also void your warranty, so it's really only worth doing once the console is out of it's warrant period.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid. This was leaked yesterday for the first time and allows you to play downloaded ISOS, burnt to a DVD-R on an un-modded Wii.Also, because it's a software mod, it does not void your warranty and can be removed whenever required. Edited by chunk3rvd

Do you not have to copy all ISOs onto a certain type of blank dvd, because of the dye used on the back of the disc?Speaking of such a subject, does anyone have a softmod for the X-Box 360 that actually works? PM me if so :)

Edited by klown

Do you not have to copy all ISOs onto a certain type of blank dvd, because of the dye used on the back of the disc?Speaking of such a subject, does anyone have a softmod for the X-Box 360 that actually works? PM me if so :)

You can't softmod an xbox 360.I'm currently playing uncharted: drake fourtune. Been quite fun so far, really enjoying it.

You can't softmod an xbox 360.

Yet.It's taken them longer than usual if they've not got it sussed by now, but believe me, at some point someone will have worked out a way round it.
And then microsoft will patch it. When consoles have regular downloadable updates its all rather futile. Take this wii softmod that just been released, I'll give it a few months before nintendo patch it and stop it working.

I think I'm now sold on No More Heroes. Travis Touchdown is the best name since Texas Battle.

You'd never guess it was Suda51 would you :p
I bought and finished this this week. The "GTA" style bit is horrendously undernourished and either an abandoned idea or a release date crush. Either way it's a really dull drag between the enormously interesting combat. Great cutscenes too.I was annoyed by the end of the game though - I got the "Return to Santa Destroy?" or "Watch ending" thing, but didn't realise all I had to do was to by the Tsubaki mk III to qualify for the 'real' ending. Not sure I can be arsed to play the whole thing again, though Dr. Peace ~
Been playing this, but really not getting into it. I'm just past Dr Peace, who is indeed a cool character, but I'm finding the combat a little haphazard. I like the motion control gimmicks, but there's just something about it that isn't clicking for me. On top of this, despite his name, Travis Touchdown is an unlikeable prick once he opens his mouth, which doesn't inspire me to accomplish his goals for him. And as mentioned, the Santa Destroy sections are abysmal. Riding the bike is mildly satisfying, but the collision detection there is awful.Yakuza 2 should arrive in the next few days, at which point it'll be the PS2 getting all the love. I'll return to the Wii when I finally get a decent Gamecube pad, after being burnt twice on eBay with cheap ones that fall apart and feel horrible to use.