WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Currently trying to get Pocket MAME working on my new PDA so I can play arcade games on the coach. Until then, the nifty little Bubble Breaker built-in game will have to suffice.

Cool, but what you really want is MorphGear. At one point in my last job I had to attend so many awful meetings that I was able to get about halfway through FF6 in the time. :)
Got and installed, but I can't find where Windows Mobile 5 has put it. :(
On mine it installed itself into, er, the Games folder. Same place as Solitaire and that bubble game.
Figured out what I did wrong; I installed the "MorphModules" before the program itself. :blush: All fixed now and playing Master System-flavour Sonic. Super Mario Land 2 doesn't want to play ball though. :(EDIT: That bubble game is quite addictive. Got a 700+ point chain yesterday. :D Edited by gwailofilms

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm double-posting. Sue me. :p:D

I'm looking for some recommendations as to what I should be playing with my Morphgear. I currently have:-

Gamegear

Virtua Fighter Mini (just on the name alone, I couldn't resist)

Gunstar Heroes

Madden 96 (I used to love SNES Madden)

Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (shit name, great conversion of a Jap puzzler I can't remember the name of)

Chessmaster (for when I'm feeling strategic)

Outrun

Master System

Sonic The Hedgehog

Gameboy

Link's Awakening

Super Mario Land 2 (didn't work properly this morning, but I might not have had the buttons defined properly)

NES

Super Mario Bros 3

Snake's Revenge

Castlevania (also didn't work earlier)

I'm probably not going to bother with the GBA module (unless I can get the overclock utility working) as I fired up Advance Wars this morning and I've never seen anything move that slow.

So, yeah, recommend me some good games, especially for the Gamegear and NES; two consoles I never really had the chance to play as a kid. I'm pretty open to all genres.

Edited by gwailofilms

• Awards Moderator

So, yeah, recommend me some good games, especially for the Gamegear and NES; two consoles I never really had the chance to play as a kid. I'm pretty open to all genres.

The GameGear Streets of Rage is all I can think of.On NES, Double Dragon 2 comes to my mind. Good fun. And the MGS titles. The TMNTurtles side-scrolling/alternating top-down game is worth a blast too.

If you're into Tetris-like puzzles, get your mitts on Columns for the GameGear.

Tennis Ace for the Master System is quite good, and Alex Kidd In Miracle World (which came built into later versions of the console) is a must. The Wonderboy games are worth checking out, so long as you bear in mind that the first is very different to the sequels. Give Fantasy Zone a go, too.

For the original GameBoy, look into Wario Blast if you're a Bomberman fan, and an obscure recommendation is The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle for a tricky, almost Mappy-like platformer. And if you enjoy the old bounce-ball-off-paddle-to-break-blocks arcade game, plump for Alleyway, starring a certain Italian plumber.

I got 24: The Game yesterday on the PS2 from gameplay. I played it for quite a while last night and I'm impressed so far. The game, however isn't in real time like some have said. For example, the game starts at 6am and after the first mission, the clock might be at 06:27 even if the mission only takes you ten minutes to do.However, there are a lot of missions, some of which are extremely difficult. It's cool getting to play as characters like Tony, Michelle and Chase too. The game takes place between seasons 2 and 3 and so far has answered a lot of questions many viewers had, such as how Chase, Chloe and Kim ended up at CTU.I'm enjoying the game so far and will play some more later when I get home from uni.

I just got the game today and agree its a good game, only done the first hour so far.

Yeah, I'm double-posting. Sue me. :p :DI'm looking for some recommendations as to what I should be playing with my Morphgear. I currently have:-GamegearChessmaster (for when I'm feeling strategic)

And I thought I put emulation technologies to some pretty sick uses. :laugh: Why not just get a PocketPC chess program? It'll be loads stronger and a hell of a lot quicker to move. Surely there's a GNU Chess port, if you can't find anything flashier for free.Avoid anything for MorphGear that needs quick or fiddly controller input, because unless your PDA's joystick and softkeys are a hell of a lot better than mine (to be fair, they probably are) it won't be playable. Also install PocketClive and play Atic Atac all day long forever.

See this confuses me. I'm a massive fan of 24 the series, owning every boxset and all that crap so the 24 game appeals to me so much and everybody I've talked to has loved it. But IGN and Gamespot have given it really a really shitty rating, which has put me in two minds weather to buy it or not.On the games front, I started over on GTA:SA last night and hopefully this time I'll complete it and not get bored halfway through.

See this confuses me. I'm a massive fan of 24 the series, owning every boxset and all that crap so the 24 game appeals to me so much and everybody I've talked to has loved it. But IGN and Gamespot have given it really a really shitty rating, which has put me in two minds weather to buy it or not.On the games front, I started over on GTA:SA last night and hopefully this time I'll complete it and not get bored halfway through.

Having recently got into 24, currently a third through the second series, I went out and bought the game last night! Only trouble is i'm getting a f***ing disc read error every two minutes after the first cutscene! This has led me to attempt a dustosuction of my console (but afterdark because I heared these kinda things are illegal).In the mean time, I am also playing:Gm Mode on Smackdown!Pro Evo GTA: Liberty City StoriesDonky Kong CountryThe Gettaway!

• Paid Members

Finally got started on Shadow of the Colossus. I was waiting for a spare few hours when the big-ass TV in the living room would be free so as to do it justice. I've seen people criticising this game for the Point sword in air > find Colossus > kill Colossus flow of the game but the joy is in the execution. I'm generally a sucker for games with good old fashioned gigantic boss battles too, so this set up is ideal for me. So yeah, Shadow of the Colossus is beautiful. The whole thing has that dreamy Ico feel about it that makes you feel like your brightness is too high until you adjust to it. The searching bits are relaxing and have a lonely "just me and my trusty steed" feel about them and the landscape is pleasingly huge. Essentially the game has borrowed two of the more satisfying parts of Ocarina of time (those being riding out accross Hyrule field for the first time and taking part in the big boss battles) and done them so well that its enough to constitute a game.Then there are the colossi themselves. The PS2 shouldn't be producing this stuff, I've only fought two so far and I've been equally impressed with both of them. Not only the sheer scale and size but in their movement and other little details. I like how your horse goes all jumpy on you during the battles with them too. These battles are more cinematic than countless movie and TV licensed games and need to be played loud and on a large screen. The stamina/grip bar is a cool idea, desperately trying to make it to the next spot on the Colossus where you can rest or stand on solid ground before the monster's thrashing throws your guy off is really tense and the whole thing does feel like a massive struggle, but in a good way. My main reservation is that unless there's some deviation later that I'm not aware of though I do have reservations about how long it's going to last. I think at the very least you should rent it and give it a try though. Short and sweet can be a good thing, Prince of Persia: Sands of time, Metal Gear Solid etc. If the experience is engrossing enough and you get enjoyment out of it then I'd say you've got your money's worth.

:yinyang: At the moment i'm playing through some classic games including:Legend of zelda: A link to the past(SNES)-awesome game without a doubt my favourite Zelda gameShadow Run(Sega Megadrive/Genesis)-IMO the most underrated RPG game everFinal Fantasy 7(PSone)-My favourite game of all time whenever i play it i get hooked on it for hoursBeneath A Steel Sky(i got it a while ago with my Retro-Games Magazine)-a classic point and click adventure game with a brilliant mix of humour and suspenseBroken Sword(PSone)-another classic point and click adventure game. There is some kind of pattern emerging here but i cannot figure out what

Shadow Run(Sega Megadrive/Genesis)-IMO the most underrated RPG game ever

Play the SNES version too; it's different and breally good.

Me and my fella played a bit of 24 the game last night - hired it from Blockbuster because of the aforementioned shitty reviews. Can't say I've been overly impressed so far but it's ok. One of the worst things (my other half says) is the camera. I reckon it will be one of those games though that I end up liking and he hates because it's too easy, or something.Shadow of the Colossus-wise, we completed it a few weeks back - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.*****SPOILER for anyone who hasnt played yet*****Although I started having doubts that the killing of the Colossus was for any good reason after having had to kill the one that just floats around in the sky, not paying you any kind of attention or ill will, even when you fire arrows at its tummy :(

Ive just started playing XIII on Xbox and its awesome, decent FPS but with great cel shaded cartoon like presentation, and swearing too. Its a nice medium between all out shooting piffle of the EA bond games and the slow and stupidly hard stuff like splinter cell, kinda like Goldeneye was back in the day. I cant follow the story at all though, theres way too many names being thrown about and storyline swerves.

Result, taking my PS2 apart was a success, but got a bit scary when the disk tray wouldn't open !(but it turns out the screws needed to be in tight for it to work)24 still doesn't work, but that must be a game problem as everything else that didn't work before, including DVD's does!Good work Sym!