The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

- How many times has Jim Ross been fired and why?- Has Shawn Michaels ever been fired?- What's the JBL shower story actually about?- Where can I find the results of these episodes of RAW:1. The one in which Austin granted Hassan an IC Title Shot;2. The most recent show from the UK;3. The Japan edition of Raw that opened with Benoit/Jericho?

Edited by Van_Dammer

What's the JBL shower story actually about?

Grandmaster Sexay was bragging about how he rohypnoled some girl and raped her. So, Bradshaw taught him a lesson by tying him up, taking him to the showers and threatening to rape him. Somehow, Bradshaw got the bad press, whereas Sexay is a loveable rascal.

How many times has Jim Ross been fired and why?Twice, I think. I know once was because he din't want to wear a cowboy hat and have a character, he thought a commentator should just commentate. Has Shawn Michaels ever been fired?When we was in The Rockers they got fired after 1 day, I think, for fighting in a bar.- What's the JBL shower story actually about?Supposedly he tied up Brian Christopher in the shower and threatened to rape him, because he'd been drug raping girls. Thats the rumour, though the victim varies from Christopher to Duke Drosse and others in some accounts.- Where can I find the results of these episodes of RAW:1. The one in which Austin granted Hassan an IC Title Shot;2. The most recent show from the UK;3. The Japan edition of Raw that opened with Benoit/Jericho? try using google.

"Green" is a term meaning inexperienced or naive. It's not just a wrestling term - it's in Oliver Twist, for starters.

I've heard the name Dave Meltzer so many times when watching wrestling, reading about wrestling and on these boards but who is he and what does he do?

He writes the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the only printed news sheet around that's actually worth your money. At least twelve densely-printed pages of info about wrestling around the world, every week. He's been able to make his living off it for twenty years and his HOF is the only one with any kind of credibility. And he's funny.

"Green" is a term meaning inexperienced or naive. It's not just a wrestling term - it's in Oliver Twist, for starters.

I've heard the name Dave Meltzer so many times when watching wrestling, reading about wrestling and on these boards but who is he and what does he do?

He writes the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the only printed news sheet around that's actually worth your money. At least twelve densely-printed pages of info about wrestling around the world, every week. He's been able to make his living off it for twenty years and his HOF is the only one with any kind of credibility. And he's funny.
He was the ring announcer for WCW towards the end too, right? If so I never got why he didn't get fired as he wrote about backstage WCW happenings in his newsletter...

How many times has Jim Ross been fired and why?Twice, I think. I know once was because he din't want to wear a cowboy hat and have a character, he thought a commentator should just commentate.

He's been fired twice, but I don't think it was for his refusal to play a character.The first was in 1993 when he was splitting his time between the WWF and working as a commentator for the Atlanta Falcons, I believe.The second was when he was originally struck down with Bell's Palsy in 1994. For trivia's sake, the second happened during the WWF's Capital Carnage visit to the UK in 1998.

He's been fired twice, but I don't think it was for his refusal to play a character.

I thin it was Mick Foleys' book I got that from. He said Jim Ross was of the Bill Watts old school and didn't beleive commentators should play heel characters.

From what I understand, Austin left in 2002 because of 'creative differences.' Were there any other factors that affected his 'leave'? Also, was he on bad terms with WWE when he left? Afterall, there were some negative comments made about him; such as The Rock's in-ring promo on Raw.

Edited by Van_Dammer