The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

The contracted guys were Mascarita Sagrada, Tsuki, Pequeno Violencia, Octagoncito, Piratita Morgan & Super Porky... although Porky didn't ever get to wrestle - just eat ham.Vince has always liked his midget wrestlers and from time to time likes to go back to them. Think the midgets in there with Bundy and Hillbilly Jim at WrestleMania III, or Dink in the early 90s, or Max Mini, Mini Vader and Mini Mankind in the mid 90s. This was just the latest example of Vince going back to an old standby. As with many things in the WWE, interest was lost after a few weeks and the division died.Whether it was a satire of the X Division only Vince will know - but TNA are very much under the radar and it's not like WWE to blatantly try and mock them like this. There was a story at one time that WWE were looking at using Mistico in this division, but that was surely bollocks as Mistico is like 5'8" or something, and the rest of the division was 5' and below.

anybody know who done the themes for davey richards, matt sydal and nigel mcguiness used at the koe cup, cant get nigels theme out me head

I wasn't there, but did Nigel not use "Fuckin' In The Bushes" by Oasis? That's his general music. Also, Davey usually uses "Runnin' With The Devil" by Van Halen.

I actually have a question, for once. Who is credited with first using the Death Valley Driver, and what's the origin of the name?

mitadvb.jpgEtsuko Mita. Announcers use the term ganzo when she does it which means original. The move is called Death Valley Bomb, but somehow ended up getting called a driver on American soil. From what I can tell the first time it was used was on May 8th, 1993 when it was used to finish off Suzuka Minami in their Japan Grand Prix '93 league match.--PUNQ--

nigel, sydal and richards all used different music that night, it all sounded like it came from the same band, i think they played this bands stuff before xs:w gorefest last year, just really wanna get these songs

Cheers PUNQ. Is the name's origin a mysterious ingrish thing then?

No idea about how the name came about. But it's a long vay down that valley to death when you're locked in that move.--PUNQ--

Guest Josh Jenkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLfYevFauI&NR=1What's the story behind this vid'? Why is RVD on RAW, why is Lawler managing him and what are Dreamer and Heyman doing in the audience?

It was during the "ECW Invasion" angle in 1997 where Vince allowed ECW wrestlers on Raw for a few episodes in order to promote their first PPV.I think RVD was with Jerry Lawler basically because his character at the time was an anti-ECW-fan heel. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

no your right, lawler (storyline) managed to get rvd to come to wwe (as rvd had turned heel in ecw) in a fued with ecw to promote ppv (like dude said above) and he changed his name from mr ppv to mr monday night

Wasn't there something around that time when Heyman thought RVD had jumped to WWE, and dedicated the entirety of their TV show to burying him one week?

Edited by CracktonMoj