The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I was making the point that Triple H is regularly quoted as saying that undercard guys should stop moaning about their lack of push, and instead work hard and make themselves stars. This doesn't exactly tally with the experience of his own career where he did work hard for four years, but didn't become a top star until he was - emphatically - treated as one by bookers.I'm not quite sure where "cunt" comes into it. To quote a wise man, "Bit harsh, brah"

RE: Lister's Triple H post.If a heel loses cleanly right at the start of his main-event push, then there's no reason for fans to care about seeing him beaten.Then add in the fact that the people he lost to were McMahon, Big Show etc. - which is bad enough anyway - but if he lost cleanly, then it'd have been career suicide.You're right in saying that main event heels these days (such as Edge, Orton, Booker) don't get the same kind of treatment; which is probably why they've never reached the lofty heights of Triple H (which i'm sure you'll state is Triple H's doing - and it may well be).Let's face it, without these kind of pushes, stars simply can't be born. Rock/Austin/Hogan didn't make a career out of losing cleanly on a weekly basis, and it's only by protecting these characters that fans will ever take them seriously.

Edited by Segaboyno

• Paid Members

I'm not saying his push was a bad thing. It was well done and turned an ordinary enough midcarder into a genuine main event draw.The point is that this is exactly how you make new stars. You don't leave them in the middle of the card with 50-50 records, then blame them for not getting themselves over.Of course, where things are totally fucked these days is that there is literally nowhere else for Triple H to go now, meaning there's absolutely no logical reason for him to want somebody else to get the same treatment and take his spot at the card.I would say that it's then just the teensiest conflict of interests that he's married to the booker who is the daughter of the promoter, but I think that's probably been mentioned on this forum before.

Of course, where things are totally fucked these days is that there is literally nowhere else for Triple H to go now, meaning there's absolutely no logical reason for him to want somebody else to get the same treatment and take his spot at the card.

The thing is though, even if he did really try to get over new guys as main-event Superstars, and it worked, it's not like he's gonna lose his spot. He may just have to share it a bit! His position in the company means that even if he turns into an overweight, injury-ridden shell of his former self - he will still be booked as a main-event guy. The way I see it, he has no logical reason not to want other people to get the treatment he got! His spot is completely safe regardless, and more big name, main-event guys means more money fueds, bigger gates and generally more cash for both HHH and Stephanie.

1997 - The Nasty Boys and the Outsiders stop cooperating after a particularly hard shot by Scott Hall. Knobs and Sags rough up Hall in the ring to teach him a lesson.

The only thing written on The Nasty Boys ObsessedWithWrestling profile.

"The story goes that Hennig saw Seagal at an airport and approached him, because he was a fan. They shooks hands and Seagal asked what Hennig did for a living, to which he explained that he was a pro wrestler. Depending on which version of the story is being told, Seagal either: a) squeezed Henning's hand hard as some sort of test of toughness, until Henning squeezed back three times harder and brought him to his knees, or b) Seagal attempted an Aikido hold, which Henning countered into a hammerlock, again bringing Seagal to his knees. Either way, Henning humbled him in a terminal full of people."I'm curious, which was it? The hand squeeze of the hammerlock? Hopefully the hammerlock.