The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Regarding Taker.... I guess a lot of it depends on what you count as a "Clean" victory. Because traditionally speaking how can any form of victory in a HIAC match be "Clean" with all the foreign objects involed? I know I know, this isn't the right place for this debate - I'm just tossing my two cents in.And in terms of Taker's last clean loss - Personally I can't remember the last time a PPV main event ended "Cleanly" without run ins, foreign objects, low blows, rope usage, or tight hooking.

I am looking to update my ROH DVD selection, and I was wondering If anyone had a list of all the shows from 2005, or knows a site where I could get a list, thanks in advance.

Edited by GIB

Regarding Taker.... I guess a lot of it depends on what you count as a "Clean" victory. Because traditionally speaking how can any form of victory in a HIAC match be "Clean" with all the foreign objects involed? I know I know, this isn't the right place for this debate - I'm just tossing my two cents in

He lost a match fair and square, no way he could make excuses, and his opponent came out of it looking better than him. To me, thats clean. So what if it's in a cell? if both men can use weapons, then neither's cheating, and it's a clean win.

• Paid Members

Personally I can't remember the last time a PPV main event ended "Cleanly" without run ins, foreign objects, low blows, rope usage, or tight hooking.

I've not seen Armageddon yet. I don't remember the circumstances of Orton pinning Michaels at Survivor Series.However, Batista cleanly pinned Guerrero at No Mercy. Unforgiven was a cluster, but Hogan pinned Michaels cleanly at SummerSlam. Bash was a DQ, but Vengeance was Batista winning as cleanly as you can in Hell in a Cell. No Mercy had a weapon, but it was I Quit. Backlash had ref bumps ahoy, but it was a clean pin for Batista, as was WrestleMania.

So I'm watching ROH It All Begins last night and it's the Homicide/American Dragon match. They brawl to the outside and into the fans, when suddenly something happens and they cut to a Jim Cornette promo and then go back to the match where we're informed it's been restarted and the commentator (Gabe?) says "I can't even begin to describe what just happened".

So, what did happen?

So I'm watching ROH It All Begins last night and it's the Homicide/American Dragon match. They brawl to the outside and into the fans, when suddenly something happens and they cut to a Jim Cornette promo and then go back to the match where we're informed it's been restarted and the commentator (Gabe?) says "I can't even begin to describe what just happened". So, what did happen?

I found this on ROH's website.

1/15/05 "It All Begins"- Homicide defeats Danielson in a tap out match with the arm submission that he used on Josh Daniels the previous show to jump to a 1-0 lead in the series. The match started with an out of control brawl in the crowd and had to be stopped as a riot almost erupted. The restart of the match saw a technical clinic with Homicide doing damage to Danielson's arm the entire bout. After the match, Homicide said he's going to end the series now by injuring Danielson. Homicide pulled out brass knuckles, but Danielson gained control of them and knocked out Homicide. Danielson then challenges Homicide to a Taped Fist match.

I take it that Lawler doesn't announce for Memphis Wrestling too often due to his WWE commitments? Speaking of which, is there any relationship between the two organisations?

I'm not sure there's an official relationship in the sense of OVW and DSW (and formerly HWA), but there's plenty of WWE talent sent down there to help on their bigger shows, which is a WWE tradition going back to 1992 (and possibly pre-1984, though I'm not sure about that)...

Can anyone tell me or point me at the UWFi rules?I think I've worked out that you get five points and lose one for being knocked down or initiating a rope break - is there any other way to lose a point? What are the ways to win a match - KO, TKO, submission, opponent losing all his points, presumably opponent being DQed? What about pinfalls? Is there anything legal or illegal that I might not expect to be (e.g. chokes, punches)? And if the time limit expires, is it a draw or does the ref award it to the guy with the most points left?Thanks.

Can anyone tell me or point me at the UWFi rules?I think I've worked out that you get five points and lose one for being knocked down or initiating a rope break - is there any other way to lose a point? What are the ways to win a match - KO, TKO, submission, opponent losing all his points, presumably opponent being DQed? What about pinfalls? Is there anything legal or illegal that I might not expect to be (e.g. chokes, punches)? And if the time limit expires, is it a draw or does the ref award it to the guy with the most points left?Thanks.

UWFI adopted its own set of rules for its matches: The combatants would start with 15 points each, with points lost for knockout attempts, for how long they were at a disadvantage during a hold, or for breaking a hold by grabbing the ring ropes with their hand(s) and/or feet. Tag team matches would be allowed as well, with 21 points given to a team at start time. In reality, however, the points system was rarely referred to, as a wrestler or team of wrestlers losing points could still win by forcing his opponent (the legal opponent in a tag match) to submit or by knocking him out.-wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UWF_International