The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

Interesting. So much for the Do Fixer breakup, eh? Discounting Shingo, who is an ROH wrestler at the moment anyway, that gives us a probable match one night of Do Fixer Vs CIMA, Mochi and Susuma. With nearly all units in flux right now, does this give us a bit of an insight into where some people may be ending up?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This is the question I mentioned I had (on ROH thread):In all the build up to CIMA-Taka Michinoku from 5th October 2005, there was this thing with the passports. What was the backstory to that? Despite not getting that, I enjoyed the match!

The whole thing goes back to angle from 1999. TAKA was working for WWF, but was visiting Japan and working some dates for Michinoku Pro. CIMA and CrazyMAX were running riot there at the time, and at some stage managed to get hold of TAKA's passport and burn it in an effort to sabotage his WWF run. In 2005, Mochi suggested that CIMA and TAKA make their October 5th match a "triple crown" with both sides putting up their passports, driving licenses and insurance cards. In the post-match BloodGen run-in, they managed to steal back CIMA's insurance and license. TAKA kept the passport though, losing it to K-Dojo member Handsome Joe in a drinking game a few days later. I'm not making this up. I don't know if it was mentioned again after that, so presumably Joe still has it and CIMA had to get a new one for his ROH excursions. ;)

• Paid Members

Oh, and further evidence of the Hulk/CIMA thing being the gayest thing that ever gayed;

3/7 will be the official kickoff day for DRAGON GATE RECORDS. Both the 1,000,000 dreams CD and StoIchi Bom Ba Ye DVD will be released. The DVD will be the first time the under card has been shown anywhere.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

1. 1,000,000 dreams :love:(CIMA and Hulk duet):love:

2. YOU LIKE COLA!?

3. BxB STORY~Hyper Adist Mix~

4. BxB STORY~6.11.06 Live Version~

5. FOLLOW YOUR GENERATION~ACID ALKALINE BLOODY TRIP MIX~

Bonus- Dragon Gate USA Pre Debut DG IMPACT

-CIMA, BxB Hulk vs. Homicide, Jack Evans

That said, I need to hear the remixes of Hulk's music.

• Paid Members

Originally posted by ROHGabe on the ROH forum just nowThis isn't quite 100% accurate, but its pretty close. We'll have an official announcement early next week. Time to get ready to go to Boston....

Does Vince Russo have a Japanese cousin we don't know about?No idea whether it's news or not, but I spotted Genki & Yoshino's names down for WSX.

Just to pretty much confirm the future of Do Fixer

Do FIXER have reconciled. Ryo gave an emotional speech where he said Genki was his only partner. They hugged afterwards.

And a couple of matches for next month

2/23/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall-Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Gamma vs. Anthony W. Mori, BxB Hulk, Super Shisa*Pos will have to dissolve if they lose-CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Cyber Kong, Cyber Gang-Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Yasushi Kanda vs. Jyushin Thunder Lyger, Jado, Gedo3/4/2007 Aichi, Nagoya Congress Center-Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii vs. Jyushin Thunder Lyger, X

This is the question I mentioned I had (on ROH thread):In all the build up to CIMA-Taka Michinoku from 5th October 2005, there was this thing with the passports. What was the backstory to that? Despite not getting that, I enjoyed the match!

The whole thing goes back to angle from 1999. TAKA was working for WWF, but was visiting Japan and working some dates for Michinoku Pro. CIMA and CrazyMAX were running riot there at the time, and at some stage managed to get hold of TAKA's passport and burn it in an effort to sabotage his WWF run. In 2005, Mochi suggested that CIMA and TAKA make their October 5th match a "triple crown" with both sides putting up their passports, driving licenses and insurance cards. In the post-match BloodGen run-in, they managed to steal back CIMA's insurance and license. TAKA kept the passport though, losing it to K-Dojo member Handsome Joe in a drinking game a few days later. I'm not making this up. I don't know if it was mentioned again after that, so presumably Joe still has it and CIMA had to get a new one for his ROH excursions. ;)
Thank you for that! If watching Kaientai Dojo means finding inspiration for drinking games, I'll have to find some tapes...Rob.

Archived