WrestleMania XX Thoughts/Discussion Thread

EJHai

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say that was sad to see Bobby The Brain bearing the afflictions of the cancer he battled so hard to overcome. However it makes this Mania even more special to have Mean Gene & Bobby as part of the proceedings.So predictable I must add that it'd be Mae and Moolah but Bobby's performance made me feel like he really was wanting to get away from those two jezebels! Have to say Orton is hella boring at his promos, shoulda just let Flair go mad, bigging up Orton all the way. That'dve been so much better

Christian is yet to have a good match IMO, hopefully Jericho'll get one out of him here.

You're certainly the king of controversy tonight. First Orton is no good, and now, in your opinion Christian has NEVER had a good match? Bit harsh, surely. Edited by JJC04

Is it just me, or does anyone else think something/one is gonna come out of the doors with WMXX on them?

I was wondering myself why they're there.
Yep, I thought that too. There's a big split in the middle of the screen, like its two doors, and there are no seats in front of the screens either.Maybe for Austin's four-wheeler or Eddie's lowrider?
Thats becasue it is doors lol. They usually use that as the entrance on most MGS events.I would guess that its acting as a fire exit for tonights show :p

Guest Niall

I'd like to think this would be a walk for Jericho - it really should be if past accomplishments and ability are taken into account.Something similar to Eddy/Chavo at Royal Rumble would be suitable I think, with hints of Warrior/Savage, with a clear victor at the end.Although I smell one of two things.The Trish heel turn (joining Christian, totally non sensical)orThe Jericho heel turn.

Guest Niall

Christian is yet to have a good match IMO, hopefully Jericho'll get one out of him here.

You're certainly the king of controversy tonight. First Orton is no good, and now, in your opinion Christian has NEVER had a good match? Bit harsh, surely.
Well, think about it seriously.TLC spotfests aside - when has Christian ever had a good singles match - ever? Does one even stick out in your mind???Seriously.

I dunno why I keep thinking this but at the start of the event when they ran the WMXX promo at the end when it sid "Were it all begins" just as it said"Again" it flashed to Shane,Vince and Shane's new baby.I can't help thinking Vince may give the company to Shane tonight, it sounds ridiculus but I keep thinking it.

You're certainly the king of controversy tonight. First Orton is no good, and now, in your opinion Christian has NEVER had a good match? Bit harsh, surely.
Well, think about it seriously.TLC spotfests aside - when has Christian ever had a good singles match - ever? Does one even stick out in your mind???Seriously.
Im guessing you didn't see his series with Edge including their awe-inspiring ladder match then.Thought not.

I'd like to think this would be a walk for Jericho - it really should be if past accomplishments and ability are taken into account.Something similar to Eddy/Chavo at Royal Rumble would be suitable I think, with hints of Warrior/Savage, with a clear victor at the end.Although I smell one of two things.The Trish heel turn (joining Christian, totally non sensical)orThe Jericho heel turn.

hmmm... i dont see any of them happening, I see Trish costing jericho the match by mistake. no heel turns just yet

I dunno why I keep thinking this but at the start of the event when they ran the WMXX promo at the end when it sid "Were it all begins" just as it said"Again" it flashed to Shane,Vince and Shane's new baby.I can't help thinking Vince may give the company to Shane tonight, it sounds ridiculus but I keep thinking it.

I think I'd probably mark out for that!

i have been thinking the same thing aswell, that begining has to mean somthing.

Guest Niall

Im guessing you didn't see his series with Edge including their awe-inspiring ladder match then.Thought not.
Well, you see that's my point - you mentioned another TLC style spotfest.Nothing against Christian as a performer, he's a good talker and he can take bumps just as good as anyone - but he's never had a good wrestling match.I suppose it depends what you're looking for? Just my opinion on it.

I do see your point regarding Christian but he has always entertained me as a performer both in and out of the ring. As for memorable singles matches, I will admit they are rather few and far between. His matches with Edge, by no means great were at least good. Same goes for his Raw ladder match with RVD.