Booking on the fly

air_raid

• Paid Members

Shameless self-bump because Rajah reported this week that up until the day of Mania, Wyatt was going to go over Randy Orton but Vince decided to change it.

Also having re-read The Death of WCW lately I got reminded of one of my favourites that was more “no plan” than “plan changed” - Mikey Whipwreck shows up for his debut at Uncensored 99 to be given four different versions by four different member of the booking “team” - two where he’d lose, one where he’d win, one where there’d be a DQ. All with different time allocations too.

Making up the plan for TV on the day isn’t uncommon, especially when we look back at Nitro, but I always forget that when Uncle Eric told Y2J he was winning the TV title 20 minutes before show time with the Giants help, the pitch included him joining nWo Hollywood, but Jericho turned it down.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Perry said:

Hogan's win at Mania 9 obviously wasn't done on the fly. The Raw episode that aired the night after was taped 2 weeks prior and at the start Vince was standing infront of the camera talking about Hogan being crowned the new champion. I guess most people in the Manhattan Center found out what was going to happen at Mania 9 in advance too.

Bizarrely Hogan appeared on Going Live with Sarah Greene the Saturday morning the week before Mania and he said he would end the event holding the tag and world titles.