Wrestling Can Be Anything ‘zine

Linus

• Paid Members

WRESTLING CAN BE ANYTHING is a new 'zine by Alan of the Love The Graps podcast, trying to prove that wrestling can be anything and anything can be wrestling.

3 issues have been published so far:

Issue 1 has the first parts of a history of Fighting Opera HUSTLE and the Insane Clown Posse's wrestling careers, as well as pieces on the 1970s World of Sport wrestler Catweazle, The Mountain Goats' album "Beat The Champ", the real-life superhero Superbarrio, and that time The Thing from the Fantastic Four became a pro-wrestler.

In issue 2, as well as continuing the stories of Fighting Opera HUSTLE and Juggalo Championshit Wrestling, we kick off a three-part look at the weird career of Charles Wright, and take a look at the 70s wrestling sitcom The Losers and shine a light on Danhausen.

Issue 3 continues well the stories of Fighting Opera HUSTLE, Juggalo Championshit Wrestling, and the weird career of Charles Wright, and also features an introduction to CHIKARA's Nouveau Aesthetic, BLANK & Still Life With Apricots And Pears. Rounding out the issue is the deepest dive EVER into Grunt! The Wrestling Movie.

Each issue is at least 40 pages long, A5 in size, and uses the font Trebuchet.

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p!

F1AF7D9D-6DC2-448D-A7A5-F07D0A1238C0.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Issue four of the funky wikipedia of wrestling 'zines is out now, and features part four of our five-part look at Fighting Opera HUSTLE, the final chapters of both the Charles Wright & Insane Clown Posse stories, that time the WWWF booked Battman, the story of Steven Universe's Tiger Millionaire, and we finally get to the best pure babyface in modern wrestling, Nick Gage!

40 pages, black & white, 10pt Trebuchet MS

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p!

wcba4.png

Edited by Linus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The end of a volume of sorts, WCBA #5 completes the stories of Fighting Opera HUSTLE and Nick Gage, and also looks at the comic book wrestling career of Crusher Hogan, Southern Culture On The Skids & the history of wrestling bears, and the influence of Mad Max on professional wrestling!

44 pages, black & white, 10pt Trebuchet MS

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 (£4.50 for anywhere outside the UK) through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p! I also do PDF copies for £1 each!

wcba5a.png?auto=format&fit=max&w=650

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

WCBA #6 is the PUNK issue, and all the stories in this issue are about punk wrestling or punks in wrestling or wrestling in punk. Get the full story of Dark Wrestling Organisation 666, the low down on ANTiSEEN's wrestling album and Bob Mould's Hardcore Wrestling 'zine. Read about the career of "Prince of Punk" Shannon Moore, why the Angry Samoans are Los Angeles wrestling, and Jaime Hernandez's lucha Locas from Love & Rockets!

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 (£4.50 for anywhere outside the UK) through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can use the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p! I also do PDF copies for £1 each!

wcba6.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Kicking off the second volume of stories about the weird world of professional wrestling, WCBA #7 shines a light on the worst comic book ever produced, the best videogame ever produced, and more. Read about Kevin Nash, the AKI engine, the Butcher, the roots of monster wrestling in W*ING, Uncle Grandpa's History of Wrestling, and a primer on Mexican wrestling movies, all in funky fact fashion.

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 (£4.50 for anywhere outside the UK) through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can use the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p! I also do PDF copies for £1 each!

D262A99A-F061-4580-AC91-9416E4FBD931.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Issue 8 of your favourite funky fact 'zine continues the stories of W*ING and the worst comic book ever produced, and also brings you the short history of the Man with the Bionic Arm, the lucha killer, the greatest moment in WWF history, and psychedelic meditations on World of Sport wrestling! All this and a bonus Bonanza piece!

You can get a copy posted to your house by sending £3.50 (£4.50 for anywhere outside the UK) through PayPal to alan.boon@gmail.com. Please tick the "sending to a friend or family" box and put your address in the notes so I know where to send it to! Alternatively, you can use the webstore at wrestlingcanbeanything.bigcartel.com, but it costs an extra 50p! I also do PDF copies for £1 each!

wcba8.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Finally someone has juxtaposed the early history of the world wrestling championship with Little House on the Prairie, and you can read about it in WCBA #9! There's also some Star Wars, some Transformers, the greatest wrestling movie never seen, and the story of W*ING hits monster town! All this AND part 1 of a look at the career of "The Prince of Darkness" Kevin Sullivan!

wcba9.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's (almost) Christmas! And what better way to celebrate than with a look at some of the horrible ways that wrestling and Santa have combined, along with more on W*ING and Kevin Sullivan, AND a look at the brief lucha career of Los Thundercats! Bumper 52-page issue!

52 pages, black & white, 10pt Trebuchet MS

WCBA#10.png

Edited by Linus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Issue 11 of the ongoing scientific study to prove that Wrestling Can Be Anything dips into the NOW! with a look at the Marvel Comics/AAA lucha crossover, and then travels back in time for a story that involves Nazis, fake Nazis, champion boxers, skyscraper-heisters, and ghoststoppers, as well as finishing up the histories of W*ING & Kevin Sullivan!

WCBA#11.png

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

SCREAM FOR ME, LONG BEACH! The VERY METAL issue of WCBA is here, with the full run down on ALL of WCW's heavy metal gimmicks, the lowdown on WARHORSE, the disaster that was the WWF's collaboration with Chaos! Comics, and the collision of wrestling and GWAR!

WCBA#12.png

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

We're back! Issue 13 of Wrestling Can Be Anything is chock-full of the usual FACT FUN, including a career retrospective of Jushin Thunder Liger, a run-down of all the times Superman and wrestling have collided, and a look at the various gimmicks of Ron "The Yetay!" Reis. Throw in the story of lucha's Nazi teen idol and Big Daddy's assault on the charts and you have an issue for the ages!

image.png.5ea583e0cd357ac212498787677f70c5.png

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Issue 14 of the UK's premier* wrestling fact 'zine is out NOW! Featuring a history of wrestling mummies, Tiger Mask(s), the early days of Brian Christopher, and the story behind the first wrestling action figures in the US!

(* only)

WCBA#14.png

Also, my book is still available if you want the full (and I mean FULL) story of Japanese independent wrestling - bit.ly/BldThndr

Edited by Linus