Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 2, 2018 Awards Moderator Posted January 2, 2018 Last year's winner: MARTY SCURLL VS WILL OSPREAY, PROGRESS CHAPTER 25 What was the British match of the year this year? Vote and discuss below! Please note that my definition of 'British' might not be the same as yours. I've allowed nominations that took place on British soil, generally speaking, so if they were a non-UK company but the match featured UK talent, or if they were a British promotion even if the match had non-Brits in it, it's been included, if that makes sense. (And if you have issue, well, you should have nominated something!)
Jon-Carr_92 Posted January 2, 2018 Posted January 2, 2018 I don't see why matches with imports can't count. I nominated the two standout matches from Progress Chapter 51 which had 2/6 total workers who are British as both were incredible live. Same reason I nominated Mark Haskins v Kenny Omega from 4FW in 2016.
Bukamania Posted January 2, 2018 Posted January 2, 2018 Katsuyori Shibata vs Matt Riddle, Rev Pro High Stakes all day long!
Guest Posted January 7, 2018 Posted January 7, 2018 All great matches. Bate/Dunne and Riots/War Machine are so close but it's Ishii/Lee for me. I was there but I don't think it's bias speaking, I adore both guys and they went out and told a brilliant story. I was on my feet most of the match, as was everybody and the reaction when Ishii finally hoisted Keith up for a big delayed suplex was the best I've experienced in my show-going so far. Watched it back on demand and it still held up
Recommended Posts