Selling Wrestling to the Girlfriend (Help!)

j-storm

Live experience is a better opportunity than watching it on TV - my other half took me to the Champions Carnival final in Japan, and the opening night of the Global Tag League NOAH show the following year. She's way more inclined to find that interesting than having it on the TV.

Otherwise, just randomly watch an hour or two of stuff on a regular basis with her in the room - suddenly she will start to recognise people (my wife already recognises quite a few people)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...oh, and the new Jeff Watches Wrestling (or something similar) podcast that just started on Placetobenation is a great listen, and well worth exposing the girlfriend too - they go through the Megapowers feud on the first episode.

My wife really enjoys coming to an indy show with me, she even gets in to it with clapping and chanting away at times however I really can't get her to watch it on TV or get in to WWE. I made the mistake of taking her to a WWE house show where we were ground floor about 15 rows back and could not see anything so straight away her enjoyment level was no where near being 2nd/3rd row at a local indy show, she also has zero knowledge of WWE wrestlers.  

I am hoping this weekend I can get her to watch some of Takeover with me as Pete Dunne takes on Tyler Bate as at least they are two characters she is semi familiar with. I think she probably just comes to the indy shows and makes an effort when there to help us spend some time together. She is possibly the only person I know who is familiar with the names Dan Moloney, Omari and Travis Banks but would look at you blankly if you said Roman Reigns, Bret Hart or Seth Rollins. 

The last 2 live shows I went to, the women are crazy!! I never seen soo many woman off there faces pushing the kids out of the way to get to the front row everytime the wrestlers walked to the ring. It was funny at first, then it got ridiculous! One women was flashing Seth Rollins and then her other friend grabbed Roman Reigns by his neck for a selfie when he was trying to sign a kids banner. Plus the language was obscene, not sure why security did nothing.

Im not saying all woman are like this but beware at ringside expecially at live shows. 

Did anyone else experience this? 

Archived