The perfect wrestling match

Maikeru

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/04/2017 at 5:32 PM, Loki said:

My favourite match of the last few years was Roode v Nakamura from the last Takeover.  Really a fantastic, well-paced story being told with an admirable lack of weapons or dangerous high spots.  Bobby Roode can work his style for another decade without issue I suspect.

I watched that a couple of nights ago, directly after Okada /Shibata, which probably wasn't helpful. The build-up / entrances were memorable, but I found the match itself something of a letdown. Nothing wrong with Roode's psychology, it made perfect sense, but it didn't necessarily lead to the sort of match I'd hoped for. I've no issues with Nakamura losing, that happened plenty in New Japan too, but he'd usually come out of it looking better than he did there, selling the f'ing knee....again. I found the crowd intrusive as well. Commentary in one ear, them in the other. Can I actually watch this thing, or are we just loving the sound of our own voices a bit too much?

...Shinsuke is at worst a 3 syllable name, easily compressed into 2 syllables. Is Shin necessary? I think not. Shinny, little Shinny-winny-woo.

Archived