ImprovMania - wrestling-themed improv comedy, Newcastle, April 5th

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

HG - what's the capacity pal?

I have 5 or 6 potentially interested in coming along (I know, Barry big balls here), but it's better to nab seats so just wondering. I'd say 90% of seats were taken last time apart from odd ones.

This one was actually our quietest ever! (It was, however, also our only show ever where we've got a "holy shit" chant during the show, so sometimes quiet is best!)

Usually we can get 60-70 seating plus some standing room at the bar. We tend to go with 85 capacity. 

It's the Star Wars show this month so likely to be busy - if you get some 2-for-£5 tickets online in advance we'll reserve seats for you.

(While I'm here, we also made a trailer so you know it's a big deal this month, watch it on our Facebook page. I'm a proper JJ Abrams, me.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's canny fuckin busy like. Bloody hell, I'm trapped against a radiator by a big lad with a suit case.

Edit (post show). 

Another really fun night. Interesting crowd, it was obviously much more busy and dare I say it, there were one or two strange people in audience in comparison to the wrestling show, but just attention seeking, so nothing too bad and you lot did well to bite your lips. Especially when eating your food outside.

The scouse elimination skit with audience on the stage was brave of you, as one of strange people were up as a contestant. However, the line "fuck off it's not about you is it" in scouse will never be forgotten. Brilliant.

My mate thoroughly enjoyed himself too and both plan to come to the next one. I think my fav game is the two vs two (speak at the same time vs follow on words). I was gutted you didn't play the alphabet game, but was happy to see the 'follow on sentence story game' (Die).

Also, the final joke about the shed/wife was a brilliant way to accidentally finish. Spot on.

Another brilliant show HG. Nice to briefly say hello at the end again. No doubt we'll pop along to the next one.

Archived