Wrestling fandom and priorities

Sexy Dad

As well as being a wrestling fan, I’m also a SciFi Nerd, and worlds have collided this weekend big style.

I’ve booked Monday off work, but Sunday, the Manchester Star Trek club is having a meet up. So, I’ll be leaving my house at 09:00, arriving in Manchester at 11:45, leaving about fiveish, getting home after 7pm, and I still intend on trying to stay awake for God knows how many hours of wrestling (the HoF Ceremony, the Two hour pre show, and the four hour or whatever mania).

Now, in the past, I wouldn’t have bothered going to Manchester at all. But then I turned into a sociable person. As it is, the only allowance for wrestling I’m making is that I’m not going to have any beer.

I tried staying awake for the last NXT special. I didn’t make it past the 2nd match, and that’s without travelling across the Pennines.

I'll normally catch a PPV on the Monday after, however, my wife's birthday is on Monday 30th and she's outright told me that we're not watching Wrestlemania on her birthday!!

Course we're not! I'm watching it live and gonna need a lie in on Monday morning!!

In essence, I might, just might, be risking a divorce for Wrestlemania haha!

(The fact that straight after she told me this, my first thought was this thread, maybe shows how much this ridiculous sport rules our lives!!)

Archived