Great Bear - Junior Heavyweight Cup 2014

cache_2448074564.jpg

Great Bear Promotions makes it’s debut at Middlewich Town Hall on Saturday 21st June for what could potentially be the biggest show of the year, the Junior Heavyweight Cup 2014! On this show we will see some of Europe’s top Junior Heavyweight wrestlers converge in a one night tournament to determine who will take home the Great Bear Junior Heavyweight Cup!

First Round Matches

cache_2448074561.jpg

The current holder of the Junior Heavyweight Cup, Damian Dunne, has defended his title since winning the inaugural tournament in September 2013 in matches against Tyler Bate and Joe Vega. Winning the cup has arguably increased his stature within the wrestling community, making international tours and facing some of the best UK wrestlers around today! Can Damian become a two time Champion? Facing him will be the man that took him to the wire in last years final, ‘Flash’ Morgan Webster! The Welsh based mod has been absent from Great Bear since failing to pick up the victory, focusing on honing his skills in order to take that next step and possibly win the Junior Heavyweight Cup. Is this Webster’s year? Or will history repeat itself?

cache_2447982893.jpg

CJ Banks comes into the tournament as one of the favourites to walk away with the Junior Heavyweight Cup. Having made his Great Bear debut in an impressive losing effort to fellow tournament participant Zack Sabre Jr. Banks quickly got back on track with a victory over Kenny Williams to qualify for the tournament. With the Southport native having many years of experience over many others Banks is a man to watch this tournament. Facing him in the first round will be a man who perhaps had the toughest opponent to face in qualifying for this tournament, Pete Dunne. Pete qualified in an absolutely awesome battle with respected British star Dean Allmark to mark his first ever singles victory in Great Bear Promotions. There has always been questions about whether Dunne is underperforming in Great Bear, but surely a victory in this match, and by taking the Junior Heavyweight Cup home Dunne would answer his doubters wrong, be there to see if he does!

cache_2447983290.jpg

Chris Brookes qualifies for the tournament due to the injuries suffered by Iain Field at 10,000 Horses Can’t Be Wrong! Brookes was chosen as a replacement due to his win/loss ratio in Great Bear Promotions since the last cup was held. Brookes will be highly motivated to challenge for the cup, especially with the prospect of holding the Junior Heavyweight Cup before he challenges Damon Leigh for the Great Bear Grand Title in October. Facing him will be a man handpicked by wXw in Germany to bring the Junior Heavyweight Cup back to their promotion in the form of Hamburg native Axel Dieter Jr! The technical maestro already holds gold in the German company, being a part of the tag team championship holding team ‘Hot ‘n’ Spicy.’ Can the German take what might be quite an unpopular victory on the night?

cache_2447983713.jpg

This match could be one of the finest matches in Britain this year as one of the top, young prospects in the form of Tyler Bate takes on present Pro Wrestling NOAH GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship holder, and one of the very best British wrestlers around today Zack Sabre Jr! Bate qualified for the tournament with a victory over Chris Brookes and Scott Maverick in a triple threat qualifier and could clinch his first ever title in wrestling with a win on the night! Sabre Jr returns to Great Bear after a successful tour in Japan and is yet another favourite to take home another accolade to add to his growing list in wrestling. Can Bate overcome Sabre Jr in what would be a massive upset?

Bonus Match!

cache_2448311975.jpg

Great Bear Promotions are happy to announce that the bonus women’s match at the Junior Heavyweight Cup will be contested between two top female wrestlers, the debuting Nixon, and returning to Great Bear after nearly 18 months, Lana Austin!

Whether you are a diehard fan of wrestling, one of our committed fans or simply looking for something fun to do in Middlewich on a Saturday night we promise that we will entertain you! We hope that you can join us in attending what will be a family friendly show with some of the very best wrestling action in the UK today at a very reasonable price for an evening’s entertainment!

Come see us live:

'Junior Heavyweight Cup 2014''

Saturday 21st June

Live @ Middlewich Town Hall

Civic Way

Middlewich

CW10 9AS

The action starts @ 6:30 pm, Doors open @ 6:00 pm, Finish at the latest 8.45pm!

Tickets available here - http://www.great-bear-promotions.co.uk/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bq04VLjIgAAhqu-.jpg

The Great Bear Promotions Junior Heavyweight Cup is the most prestigious tournament held for wrestlers under 200lbs in the United Kingdom today. 2014 saw an absolutely excellent tournament with some of the biggest stars in Europe today battling to win this prestigious tournament! Now you can relive all the action of what was one of the best nights of wrestling we have ever held!

Matches include

Tyler Bate vs. Axel Dieter Jr

CJ Banks vs. Pete Dunne

Damian Dunne vs. Morgan Webster

Chris Brookes vs. Zack Sabre Jr

Lana Austin vs. Nixon Newell

The Grand Final 2014!

DVD Available at

Can't recommend this show enough. Fun show all around however ZSJ vs Chris Brookes is definitely a UKMOTYC and I feel it will get snubbed in the year end polls due to more eyes being on their Fight Club Pro match, which would be a travesty. Flash Morgan vs Damian Dunne is absolutely fantastic also

• Paid Members
Different strokes mate. I'm not kidding myself at all. It was exactly the kind of match I like to see and I feel it was in the top tier of what has already been a stacked year for the UK

I thought the match was great maybe a 9 out of 10 and defo better than the FCP match . I have defo seen Zack have better matches though and no way a MOTY contender - really good but not that good.

Having watched the whole show recently, I agree with whoever said that Brookes/Sabre, Jr. was fantastic but not a MOTY candidate.

For me, it's all down to crowd and how hooked the audience is into the match. For me, the crowd didn't appreciate that type of wrestling match. I've not seen the FC:P match, but I imagine it would have been better for that reason alone.

On the plus side, all 8 guys (and the 2 ladies) put on a really good show that was quite the easy watch in 1 sitting. Flash Morgan continues to be one of the best Juniors in the country with his Daniel Bryan comebacks, The Dunnes are both impressive, both are known for the "indy" style but knew their audience here and toned it down, and Tyler Bate & Axel Dieter Jr put on a great match that seemed to be one of the only things to get a really good reaction from the otherwise dead crowd.

Archived