The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

I just don't get why Melo wants to stay in NYC. It's very much win now and there's no chance in hell they're making the playoffs. It's just been a straight up embarrassment for them this year. Melo is absolutely made for Chicago, at the very least he should listen to their offer in the off-season.

I could definitely see him in Chicago.

What about Miami? Lebron said recently that he'd love to help Melo in some way and is 'worried about him in New York'.

For the Heat to sign Melo he would have take the minimum salary or get rid of Bosh and Wade and ask Lebron to not ask for top dollar. It's almost impossible. You'd be more likely looking at scenario where Lebron leaves Miami to go to NY.

Lebron's 61 point game was huge. They may very well catch the Pacers, but I still maintain the Pacers will end the Heat's run in Eastern Conference Finals.

What have you made of the Clippers so far? Blake Griffin has improved so much it's scary. I could see them getting past Portland in the first round if the standings stay the same. You could also argue though, that the Clippers have the easiest schedule out of any Western conference team for the remainder of the season, so I could see them perhaps moving into that 3 spot.

I love Doc Rivers, he gets his teams playing defence better than most coaches in the league, they've got the best point guard in the league, the second best power forward in the league and an all round deep squad, apart from the small forward position. I see that being a key factor should they meet the Thunder. Matt Barnes is terrific defensively, his hustle is amazing too, but does he offer enough on a consistent basis on the offense? I don't think he does. The other factor to remember is that since CP3 has been in L.A they have had strong regular seasons and then melted in the playoffs. If anyone can get them a tough playoff series it's Doc Rivers. I see them as semi-finalists at the minute. I also don't rate Deandre Jordan. In fact, save for his blocks and the highlight dunks, he's garbage.

I can't believe the Knicks didn't move for a point guard during the weeks before deadline, Raymond Felton has reverted back to the Blazers version, absolutely horrid that is. So have most of his team mates to be fair. If I was Melo, I'd be listening to anyone and everyone who is willing to make an offer, nothing can be as bad as this season.

The Bulls again.....man, destroying the Rockets last night, who I've been mega impressed with lately. Do you think Houston have peaked too early this season?

Anyone else watch THAT Kobe interview from the other day? Brutal stuff, but good to see him actually calling out the Lakers organisation. Although, it does smack of a little hypocrisy that he talks about how the organisation is a mess, yet they just paid him $48.5 million, hurting their ability to bring in more big names. Here's the full thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pitVIfX35SQ

I was actually on the Double Clutch podcast last night talking NBA. Those guys run a great podcast for UK fans. You should check it out: http://www.doubleclutchpodcast.co.uk

Yeah I've got no time for Kobe running his mouth right now, he should have took on a smaller deal to help bring in a name. They've got little to no chance of attracting anyone other than Melo who looks like he will stay with Knicks for whatever reasons we'll never know. Kevin Love even dissed them last month when he rightly said that the Timberwolves are a better team than the Lakers. The Lakers are horrible. With the step up in Luxury Tax Penalty they need to be careful. They've also got a completely knackered Steve Nash on the payroll who admits he's not going to retire because he needs the cash!

Yeah the Bulls look great, with talk that D Rose will return should they get the 4th seed or higher for the playoffs, they look great right now. They play some serious defense and Noah is a lock for defensive player of the year. As I've said many times in this thread, they add Melo or another big name and I think they're immediately in the conversation for a title contender.

Yeah I've got no time for Kobe running his mouth right now, he should have took on a smaller deal to help bring in a name. They've got little to no chance of attracting anyone other than Melo who looks like he will stay with Knicks for whatever reasons we'll never know. Kevin Love even dissed them last month when he rightly said that the Timberwolves are a better team than the Lakers. The Lakers are horrible. With the step up in Luxury Tax Penalty they need to be careful. They've also got a completely knackered Steve Nash on the payroll who admits he's not going to retire because he needs the cash!

Yeah the Bulls look great, with talk that D Rose will return should they get the 4th seed or higher for the playoffs, they look great right now. They play some serious defense and Noah is a lock for defensive player of the year. As I've said many times in this thread, they add Melo or another big name and I think they're immediately in the conversation for a title contender.

You reckon that D-Rose will return this season?

A lot of reports in Chicago suggest he will return in the playoffs should they get a favourable draw.

Seen a few reports saying that Rose wants to play for Team USA in the first Basketball World Cup this year. I gotta say, I'd be mega tempted to grab a cheap flight to Spain to catch a USA vs. France/Spain final.

What a crazy Hawks @ Raptors game today! I love this Toronto team. They're gonna give people trouble in the Playoffs!

Anyone see KD's 51 point game? Guy is surely guaranteed MVP now?

Oh, and LeBron & Bosh aren't happy with the Heat team at the moment: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/bosh-says-miami-heat-suck/

Anthony Davis went to work on the Heat last night, I loved it. Trust me, this guy is going to be a top 3 player in a few years. He's an animal and he's got outside scoring ability, he used to be a guard in high school. This Heat team will not retain, there's too many cracks there, and although they've always been a bit slack defensively, they've always found a way to tighten up come crunch time. Hasn't happened this year. Should they get past the Pacers (who have been worrying me greatly the past month) they won't beat whoever comes out of the West. I can't wait for the off-season. The league is going to look completely different next season. We may very well be seeing two or three 'Big 3's' across the organisation.

Wow, so much to talk about.

- That Knicks performance was just horrible last night. How do you lose to THIS Lakers team, after going on a massive win streak and coming so close to grabbing the 8th seed, especially while Atlanta are losing. Just horrific stuff. I don't know if I can watch them anymore this season. I'll be shocked if Melo stays. I bet Houston is looking great to him right now...

- What do you guys make of the Blazers current fall? The West is so stacked that they could actually miss the playoffs if this continues. I mean, they lost to Orlando last night!

- Heat/Pacers tonight on BT Sport! Does it light a fire in both teams? Will Miami obliterate them on their home court? Should be a very telling game indeed.

Well if that is a preview for the playoffs then I think we are in for a treat

Disappointed we couldn't hold on for the win, if there was just an extra second left to allow Bosh time to get settled he might of made that shot at the buzzer.

Real tough game, that swung back and forth, Refs blew a few calls, Wade should of had a 3 which turns out would of made the difference (obviously the game would of played out different down the stretch)

Indiana will have the top seed now, I can see us going into full on shutdown mode now, Wade got hurt late in the 4th so interesting to see his status going forward and how serious it is, will he play any more of the regular season?

I think we've shown over the 2 games in Indy we are more then capable of winning there if a few rolls go our way we could of won both in Indy already, Gonna be some playoff series tho if we meet which seems likely tho as foregone as maybe thought back in Dec-Jan but still I'd be 85% confident we will see each other in the East Finals come Mid May