SWA ZERO1 Scotland - Full On S1 Ep1

jimmyjojojunior

Next match added to the show

602113_10151712401380828_513439964_n.png

At the tail end of 2012, after a full year of being undefeated in SWA and Source, Jackie Polo demanded that SWA find him competition. Being the self proclaimed "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST" Wrestler, Polo felt that he just wasn't being challenged enough.

Of course, we pride ourselves on giving the graduates of the Source Wrestling School the very best talent available in which to test their abilities, and who better than one of the best Heavyweight Wrestlers in the world, the man mountain that is Johnny Moss?

We cannot wait to see Johnny Moss step into the ring with the brazen youngster in what will be a hard hitting, epic Heavyweight contest, adding to an already phenomenal show in Pollokshaws.

• 2 weeks later...

58875_10151699512390828_96207103_n.png

The Scottish Heavyweight Champion Mikey Whiplash has ran amok in SWA since making his debut. Taking on and defeating all comers on his way to Championship glory, and leaving a lasting impression by ways of injury to add insult. Since taking the title however, he's became increasingly more paranoid that he may very well lose the title he covets. Some of his tactics have therefore been very questionable, with count outs, disqualifications and in November 2012 at SWA's biggest show of the year "Battlezone" Whiplash used the ropes to gain an advantageous pinfall against the legendary Johnny Kidd.

This didn't sit well with so many of the SWA roster, but none more so than one of the shining stars of the Source Wrestling School, the Scottish luchadore, Solar. Solar has been a revelation since his debut in 2012. A former Tae Kwon Do National Champion, he has used his smaller stature to his advantage, becoming a phenomenal flyer and continually developing his technical game. He has been very outspoken about Whiplash's tactics, and managed to get in the ring with Whiplash in January to show Whiplash exactly what he thought about him.

Whiplash was irate throughout, and almost blew a gasket when Solar came within miliseconds of taking the victory. He decided to take matters into his own hands, and get rid of this thorn in his side. So Whiplash went to his best friend, the powerhouse Jack Jester and recruited him to help take out the luchadore. But it won't be as easy as Whiplash thinks, as Solar's regular tag team partner Tornado will be there to even the score.

Tornado is without a doubt one of the most athletic individuals to ever step into a wrestling ring, boasting a standing box jump of over 5 feet, and being able to squat almost triple his own weight, he proves time and time again a very difficult wrestler for anyone to match up against......which makes it no surprise that he is undefeated in SWA thus far!

Come Sunday 10th, the two youngsters will have the fight of their lives against the insane Jack Jester and wily Mikey Whiplash, will freakish raw ability win out, or will the experience and power of Whiplash and Jester be too much to handle? Either way, we can't wait to see this match!

Looks like a good show so far but it amazes me how often wrestlers appear on indy cards in a Rey Myserio mask like in the above pic. I was watching a DVD a while back and I can't remember the promotion but I know it turned me off them as it just screamed "backyard lets pretend we're wrestlers." I can never understand why 1) a wrestler would want to risk being sued for infringement and 2) a promoter would want it on their show.

The sun is shaped like Reys crown and the line positioning down the side is very similar to Rey's IIRC some of Rey's older WCW masks even had the 3 lines like that rather than the current shape (possibly around 95/96) and theres the eye border which is the same style.. Maybe it looks better from the front but side on it looks like a slightly less detailed Rey mask.

I can never understand why 1) a wrestler would want to risk being sued for infringement and 2) a promoter would want it on their show.

1) To make money

2) To make money

Yes because when the lawsuit comes WWE will be suing them for Mars Bars so they get to keep any money made from the mask and the rest that they'd have lost if they had to pay out in money.

Archived