Smackdown 27/7/12 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

Didnt see a spoiler thread but thought I'd post a thread to see what everyone thought? Pretty freaking great if you ask me!

Christian vs The Miz - This was a fantastic match with some nice counters and great near falls, a top way to start Smackdown.

I know Booker T gets a lot of stick, he does come out with some daft shite and silly noises but flip me hes pretty good at putting people over. He spent most of the match putting The Miz over aswell as Christian and he even talked up the IC Title. Good stuff. "You Gotta Love It"

Ryback vs Jinder Mahal - I think ol' Mahal has some potential. Nice story with Mahal chickening out, bit different from the Ryback squash.

Sheamus vs Cody Rhodes - Fantastic match, with a lot of drama added because Dolph Ziggler was waiting to potentially cash in his MITB Contract. Im guessing Dolph is going to get his moment sonner rather than later. Jericho chucks Dolph into the ring to see Sheamus and Dolph does look like he getting his head taken off every time he takes a Brogue Kick, fantastic. Jericho and his strange hair then give Dolph a Codebreaker.

Antonio Cesara vs Santino Marella - I fucking hate Santino so rather happy to see Cesaro win, I dont even like him that much but hey at least they are trying.

Damien Sandow vs Yoshi Tatsu - Sandow makes quick work of Super Yoshi cause hes determined and angry after being humiliated by DX on Monday.

Fatal 4 Way - Kane vs Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs Daniel Bryan - I thought this was fantastic, though it ended sourly when Del Rio won :angry:

overall I really fun show with plenty of great wrestling thats definitely worth your time!

Glad Jinder Mahal getting somewhere and not being total jobbed out to Ryback. Was also good to see him lead at least the jobber group to be fed to Kane and Undertaker on Raw 1000. One thing I have noticed and he will need to sort it out is that he stumbles a bit when standing up from the camel clutch when everything else in his act looks smooth. I've picked up on that on a few NXT and Superstars appearances. Small things like that need to be fixed for him to be a finished article in the ring.

• Paid Members
Glad Jinder Mahal getting somewhere and not being total jobbed out to Ryback. Was also good to see him lead at least the jobber group to be fed to Kane and Undertaker on Raw 1000. One thing I have noticed and he will need to sort it out is that he stumbles a bit when standing up from the camel clutch when everything else in his act looks smooth. I've picked up on that on a few NXT and Superstars appearances. Small things like that need to be fixed for him to be a finished article in the ring.

I can't imagine watching this show when it was on, but using Sky+ to fast forward the adverts, Raw recap and From the Vault, left some really good original content. Good stuff. The IC title rematch was superior and a really good start to the Miz reign.

What a way to put over Ziggler, have him eat a brogue kick and a code breaker.

Err, is Jericho a face now?

Being kicked by the World Champion who is beating everybody, and taking a finisher from that Chris Jericho veteran guy. And he has a guaranteed World Title shot as well! Poor sod.

What a way to put over Ziggler, have him eat a brogue kick and a code breaker.

Err, is Jericho a face now?

Being kicked by the World Champion who is beating everybody, and taking a finisher from that Chris Jericho veteran guy. And he has a guaranteed World Title shot as well! Poor sod.

Worked for Swagger.

Archived