dannycoll

hey Guys

might be goin over to Mexico early August - any of you guys

ever been to any of their shows ?

anybody any good at trnslating Spanish ??? ive had a quick look

on their web site for live dates etc , but its all in Spanish

any help/advise will be appreciated

many thanks

CMLL's easy, the shows run the same nights each week.

Tuesday and Friday nights are at Arena Mexico, Friday is their main show though so that's the one to make sure you see.

Sunday's switches between Arena Mexico and Arena Coliseo but you'll find out at the time.

Outside Mexico city, they run other cities which are a mixture of CMLL TV guys and locals. Monday is Arena Puebla, whilst they're in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Outside of CMLL, IWRG run Arena Nacaulpan, which is a suburb to the north of Mexico City, on Thursdays and Sundays. I don't think it's the easiest to get to though, so maybe that;s not an option.

AAA are less routine, and you're probably just as well looking at KrisZ's posts for upcoming shows which you can find on the lucha forum of DVDVR amongst other places. Cubsfans blog is useful also, particularly the upcoming shows part of the luchadatabase.

However, Triplemania which is their biggest show of the year should coincide with your trip, it's on 5th August at the Mexico City Arena, so if you're anywhere near there at that time, you definitely want to try and check that out if you can.

One of the posters on the lucha thread is just recently back from watching lucha libre in Mexico City, so if you can get a hold of him, he'll no doubt have loads of practical advice to give you.

Reznor,

wow, loads of info - thank you very much

but I get there on 11th Aug- which is a shame I miss 5th Aug show

but i have read all of your advise and will investigate further

cheers

CMLL's easy, the shows run the same nights each week.

Tuesday and Friday nights are at Arena Mexico, Friday is their main show though so that's the one to make sure you see.

Sunday's switches between Arena Mexico and Arena Coliseo but you'll find out at the time.

Outside Mexico city, they run other cities which are a mixture of CMLL TV guys and locals. Monday is Arena Puebla, whilst they're in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Outside of CMLL, IWRG run Arena Nacaulpan, which is a suburb to the north of Mexico City, on Thursdays and Sundays. I don't think it's the easiest to get to though, so maybe that;s not an option.

AAA are less routine, and you're probably just as well looking at KrisZ's posts for upcoming shows which you can find on the lucha forum of DVDVR amongst other places. Cubsfans blog is useful also, particularly the upcoming shows part of the luchadatabase.

However, Triplemania which is their biggest show of the year should coincide with your trip, it's on 5th August at the Mexico City Arena, so if you're anywhere near there at that time, you definitely want to try and check that out if you can.

One of the posters on the lucha thread is just recently back from watching lucha libre in Mexico City, so if you can get a hold of him, he'll no doubt have loads of practical advice to give you.

Reznor,

wow, loads of info - thank you very much

but I get there on 11th Aug- which is a shame I miss 5th Aug show

but i have read all of your advise and will investigate further

cheers

No worries.

Addresses of arenas, directions and suchlike are easy to get also as Mexico City's up on google maps and streetview

Make sure you follow all the recommended security advice though, and report back when you return! ;)

I think most of it has been covered by others in this thread. I heard alot of these little snippets on the konnan show when some Brit wrote in and asked about seeing lucha in mexico (anyone on here?)

I have to admit Im getting the itch myself to plan wrestling trips/holidays in the near future one to mexico and one to Japan. Its good to see it is fairly do-able, Im pretty much done with WWE these days and have been to the last 2 Mania's so would love to fill that void. Im fairly sure me and a mate will go to Japan, its just Mexico Im not too sure about, maybe if I could convince the Mrs its a place worth visiting I will get over there one day.

Archived