Documentary on Anthony Kingdom James seeks funding

KingdomJames

Hey everyone!

My apologies if this is the wrong section of the UKFF for this but if there's anyone left in the UK who still remembers/gives a toss about me, this would be the place to do this. Starting in April of last year, a documentary filmmaker called John Chipman followed me around as I put my wrestling promotion, The Union of Independent Professional Wrestlers, back together here in Toronto, Canada. The climax of all that filming was in April of this year when the Union returned for a show we called (with permission from the dude who actually owns the copyright to that name... lol) WrestleStock. Now, Mr. Chipman is in the editing process and has started a fundraising campaign via the IndieGoGo website (it's just like Kickstarter) to help pay for all that work to get done.

So here's the deal: Please check out the trailer for the campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/148828 and read through the rewards being offered. If you think you'd like to help out, please donate. It would mean a lot to me if Chipman can do this thing properly and in a timely manner! LOL.

Thanks everyone,

Anthony Kingdom James

PS: I've been reading the 1PW: All Or Nothing book this week. Is it totally lame if I say how much I still to this day miss coming over there and being part of the UK wrestling scene?

I'm not being funny, but doesn't anyone pay for anything themselves any more?

Plenty of people pay for themselves Guvnor. The film has gotten to this point BECAUSE the director put up his own money to get it there. I've supported some projects on Kickstarter over the last year or so because I saw the material that was being produced and wanted to help the creators get to the finish line.

Anyways... Before this turns into a debate about the merits or morality of crowd-sourced funding, I'll say good night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you or your filmmaker of this personally, but the more of these things I see popping up, the more I'll be inclined to think they're just another way of fleecing money from punters. As I said though, just a general observation, not an attack on you personally.

Archived