RevPro SUMMER SIZZLER 2012, August 26th, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Sittingbourne shows promoted by Andy Quildan are now RPW, whilst the Swanley shows promoted by Daniel Edler will remain as IPW:UK, is this correct?

I must admit I'd like to know the story behind the name change. My experience with bands tells me that name changes can be the kiss of death. Unless they're setting up for some kind of cross promotion/invasion angle down the line.

IPW:UK trainees. They've been working Swanley shows, but even I had no idea who they were until Andy got on the mic afterwards. One of them really got a leathering. He was kicked down the ring steps twice and then got a killer DDT onto the floor. I was surprised he was able to walk out after that.

It was another great IPW show / a very good debut show by RPW (whichever you prefer). Not a bad match on the card and some absolutely brilliant highlights. The stand out match was Zack and Gargano and I think the main event did a great job telling a story and closing the card with all the twists and turns. In a great weekend of shows i think this was the best.

IPW have become one of the best and most conistent companies in the UK, so I was also suprised why you would want to rebrand and move away from a name that had accumilated such a good reputation, but if they keep putting on shows like this then it really doesn't matter, as they will build a name value with RPW to match or surpass the one they already had. But would like to know the thinking or reasoning to why they have decided on the name change.

IPW:UK trainees. They've been working Swanley shows, but even I had no idea who they were until Andy got on the mic afterwards. One of them really got a leathering. He was kicked down the ring steps twice and then got a killer DDT onto the floor. I was surprised he was able to walk out after that.

That first tumble down the stairs was sickening.

In reference to the people asking who the London Riots are, they also wrestled for Progress Wrestling (they beat the Velocity Vipers) and Future Pro Wrestling (they lost by DQ to The Bhangra Knights) and they can be seen in an FPW ring again on October 27th at 'Trick or Treat' when they will be a part of Noam Dar's army in their 10 man war with Jimmy Havoc's army!

https://www.facebook.com/events/340416919374973/

They've been facing The Bhangra Knights all over the south of England and are a tag team to keep an eye on I reckon.

Here's The Bhangra Knights vs The London Riots from FPW...

And the ending, shot on hand-held...

And here's The London Riots vs The Velocity Vipers from Progress Wrestling, Chapter 2 - again on hand-held...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStkoPv1mcY

I'd be interested in what people that hadn't seen The London Riots thought of them after watching these clips, especially the one from Progress!

Archived