RevPro SUMMER SIZZLER 2012, August 26th, Sittingbourne

Andy

Managed to drag my arse away from the olympics for five minutes today to book this.

Is Gargano any good? Heard the name loads but never really seen much of him.

Also im really intrigued to see if Dervitt lives up to the hype.

Never seen Gargano myself, but if he's booked on top of major indies, then he's gotta be good.

Devitt is absolutely phenomenal. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone as slick, fluid and crisp with all of his movements as him. Absolutely worth going way, way out of your way to catch him live.

Cheers. Never heard anything but good things about Devitt so looking forward to seeing him.

I've seen DG USA and thought it wasn't very good so i hope Gargano is better than my first impression of that promotion. I can only take so many kicks to the head in one card!

Can't wait to see the Hooligans again. That was total carnage last time out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So any ideas for the next match? Spud, T-Bone and Terry Frazier are all IPW:UK regulars not in a match. Lion Kid is on the CWA show the day before. Mark Haskins now looks to be in England the week before as SWE have announced him. Leroy Kincaide and Iestyn Rees appear to be back on the scene.

With Zack going back to Japan again, and this being his last IPW:UK show of the year..... Should a decision be made in regards to the Tag Belts?

Since they reclaimed the gold back in December 2010 the LDR's have only defended their belts 4 times (Futureshock, The Young Bucks, Havoc/Garnell and Storm/Allmark) in a 20 month period and they won't have been able to defend their belts since Zack last got back from Japan before he goes back.

Not saying I want The LDR's to no longer be Tag Champs, but Project Ego have really stepped up and carried IPW:UK's tag team division over the past year, Lion Kid and a partner has a Title shot in waiting, The Hooligans could be considered #1 contenders, especially if they manage to beat Ego again, and Travis does have the MITB cash in to use at his discretion.

With the October double header I definitely thought we'd be seeing Ego vs LDR's finally, but with it not to be now..... If the LDR's were to be stripped of their belts, it would give Scurll more focus on his Cruiserweight belt as well as Title shot against Sha, and give Zack something to be fire up about and really return with some fire if The LDR's are chasing the belts they never lost.

Just a thought.....

So any ideas for the next match? Spud, T-Bone and Terry Frazier are all IPW:UK regulars not in a match. Lion Kid is on the CWA show the day before. Mark Haskins now looks to be in England the week before as SWE have announced him. Leroy Kincaide and Iestyn Rees appear to be back on the scene.

With Zack going back to Japan again, and this being his last IPW:UK show of the year..... Should a decision be made in regards to the Tag Belts?

Since they reclaimed the gold back in December 2010 the LDR's have only defended their belts 4 times (Futureshock, The Young Bucks, Havoc/Garnell and Storm/Allmark) in a 20 month period and they won't have been able to defend their belts since Zack last got back from Japan before he goes back.

Not saying I want The LDR's to no longer be Tag Champs, but Project Ego have really stepped up and carried IPW:UK's tag team division over the past year, Lion Kid and a partner has a Title shot in waiting, The Hooligans could be considered #1 contenders, especially if they manage to beat Ego again, and Travis does have the MITB cash in to use at his discretion.

With the October double header I definitely thought we'd be seeing Ego vs LDR's finally, but with it not to be now..... If the LDR's were to be stripped of their belts, it would give Scurll more focus on his Cruiserweight belt as well as Title shot against Sha, and give Zack something to be fire up about and really return with some fire if The LDR's are chasing the belts they never lost.

Just a thought.....

I think that is what gives this show such an interesting dynamic. Esp with Marty facing the champion, if he beats Sha, he will hold all the titles, and cement his place as IPW's number 1, but then will he give up the cruiserweight and tag belts, would make sense with Zack apparently not going to be around, but if there was a december or January event, maybe there could be a tag tournament over the double header with the winners of that facing LDRS at the Dec/Jan show,

This show should answer alot of questions, and as with IPW, will of course throw some new ones to be answered, going to be a great show.

I can see the possibility of Money In The Bank Case being cashed in by Project Ego, but considering it's a tag title rather than a singles match both Marty or Zack are in singles matches, I'm not 100% sure how it would work.

I thought Juvi vs Lion Kid might of been a possibility before Juvi pulled out of the other UK shows, Gresham is about the UK at the time and would be a good shout, Mark Andrews could also be a good opponent for him, and I've heard some positive things about Will Ospreay.

I wouldn't mind seeing Haskins vs Kincaid and would like to seeing John Ryan brought back to face T-Bones, it's been a while since he's been at IPW and would be good to see him on the show again.

You know what i have loved?

On twitter when everyone from footballers to journalists were going on about the Olympics non stop. Spud just kept on with tweet after tweet slagging off Marty Scrull and self promoting.

Now thats a proper wrestler. To hell with the real world, wrestling is far more important.

On another note i'm getting excited about this now. Summerslam was fun so i'm in the mood for some live wrestling.

Referee Chris Roberts looks ahead at this Sunday's show:

Man In The Middle #5

Once again we are fast approaching another huge event in Sittingbourne so it must be time for me to give you my thoughts on the action taking place at Summer Sizzler on August 26th.

To say I

Another fantastic Sittingbourne show. Show of this weekend by quite a long distance. The re-branding to Revolution Pro Wrestling doesn't bother me, but I feel that all the hard work, honesty and quality shows attributed to the IPW:UK name and brand will be something missed. Shame when the Eight Year Anniversary were the next shows. But different name, same great wrestling as shown last night. I was thinking when Andy said this was going to be the last IPW:UK show in Sittingbourne that they were going to move into London or maybe Broxbourne Civic Halls or something.

Dave Mastiff beat Stixx in a very good heavyweight clash. Just two big dudes battering each other with Stixx keeping the advantage by willing to bend and break the rules where applicable. I was surprised to see Mastiff get the win from a MASSIVE cannonball seen as it's not usually a match ender, but with the way the move had been built up and teased, it did come across as a match ender.

Terry Frazier beat Rockstar Spud in a good match. Honestly can't remember that much about this match other than the fact it was solid, Rockstar Spud is still one of the most entertaining characters in BritWres and Frazier's new beard was the only thing that stood out about him on this occasion. A friend of mine commented and I unfortunately had to agree that Terry Frazier has become the weak link on IPW's shows recently which is becoming a massive disappointment considering the babyface fire and intensity he once used to display.

Prince Devitt beat Noam Dar in a fantastic encounter. I do feel for poor Noam being 0-3 in his Sittingbourne records, but he truly has tested himself against some of the best in the world and shown that it's not going to be that long until he is considered one of the best in the world himself. Devitt is a truly world class and spectacular wrestler and this was a match I was eagerly awaiting and it did not disappoint in the slightest. I got everything I wanted out of this match and just a little bit more. Loved Noam working the leg and his Devitt impressions. Really fantastic match and second best of the night.

Zack Sabre Jnr beat Johnny Gargano in an incredible match and my MOTN. Fantastic technical wrestling on display, some absolutely marvellous counters and reversals, especially over the armbar and the Garga-No Escape. Great strikes and high impact moves and Gargano took out the first, second and third row on a dive to Zack. The match just built and built until the crowd were losing their shit and then Zack ended it with a viscous running kick to a seated Gargano. This match more than delivered and was better than even I had expected in my head. They really did steal the show.

Project Ego beat The Hooligans in a good match. Ego attempted to get out of the match with a note from Momma Ego saying Ego were unfit to wrestle (but still wanted paying) due to Travis' recent shoulder dislocation and Kirby's severe case of the sniffles. However the note was thrown out so Ego had to attack Hooligans from behind which then set the match in motion as each team fought hard to maintain the advantage. Not as wild as their June match so I felt it wasn't as good, but still a good match. Ego got the cheap win with a briefcase shot. After the match the London Riots attempted to attack The Hooligans but got destroyed in BRUTAL fashion.

Sha Samuels retained the Heavyweight Title over Marty Scurll. Rockstar Spud was thrown out at the beginning of the match so Scurll took the opportunity to "do an Eddie" and chuck the Title belt to Sha and then act dead to get the first victory via DQ. While Sha was arguing with the ref, Scurll rolled him up for a quick three count to make it 2-0. A short while later Sha did hit Marty with the Title belt to make it 3-0 Scurll, but Sha got a quick pinfall on that to make it 3-1. Sha made it 3-2 after a big spinebuster. After that Sha and Marty had a back and forth match where Sha attempted to get a victory via count out, and then was unable to put Marty away for another three count. Chris Roberts was inadvertently taken out after Scurll avoided a Sha clothesline, and then a roaring elbow from Scurll to Sha put him down for at least one three count and maybe even the KO victory but the ref was down. Spud came back out and they were going to do a spiked piledriver onto the Title belt, but Zack came out for the save. The LDR's then did a See Ya Later onto the Title belt, but Spud yanked Roberts before he could count three. Zack went out after Spud but Spud threw a white powder directly into his face (cocaine most likely) which took him out. Sha did another belt shot with his Heavyweight belt, and then Spud used Scurll's own Cruiserweight belt for a consecutive belt shot which got Sha the KO victory at just under/over(?) 25 minutes.

After the match Spud promised to take everything away from Scurll which prompted Ego's music to play as Trav cashed in his MITB for the tag belts. Sha and Spud took position on the stage to watch, but when Ego had Scurll up for their finisher, Zack came back to save Marty. However The LDR's comeback was short lived as Zack was thrown out again and the two on one was too much for Marty who had just wrestled a gruelling match so a second attempt at their finisher was enough for the three count and title change.

Another fantastic Sittingbourne show. We've got a lot set up for October. The first real RPW shows (I'm counting last night as the last IPW:UK show), Lynn, Sami and Generico are all on the weekender. Scurll and Spud are going to have a war in October for the Cruiserweight Title. Ego are the new Tag champs and I'm eager to see who will challenge them over the weekend. Don't know who's next for Sha but I am thinking October could be the time his reign of terror comes to an end.

Archived