RIP Dom Travis

Big Benny HG

HI Guys

Just letting everyone know how much these comments mean to me personally (as one of his best friends) and also to his family. Its a testament to Dom the amount of genuine respect people have towards him.

For those of you who didn't really know him away from wrestling i would just like to write a few things about what Dom was like as a person

I met Dom when i was 16 at when i started work at JD. Dom kept himself to himself whilst sporting his world famous ponytail.

Once he chopped this off i was then confident enough to go out on a night out with him

This was the night when i realised what a special person this guy was

It's sometimes a cliche when someone passes away to say the where the nicest person you knew. Dom genuinly was. He would never talk about himself unless asked and was always interested in what you had to say, this unfortunately seemed to be his downfall. He was never waiting for his turn to speak

He never had a bad word to say about anyone, he was always there to talk to and he always there to give advice. He would give you his last penny if you needed it

On a night out he was a machine. Always the last one standing

http://soundcloud.com/chinaroars/domssong (listen to this tribute song we wrote for him)

He never went out to pull or fight he went out purely to spend time with his friends and dance

For anyone who didn't manage to to make his funeral, Prodigy - No good Start the dance was played. This was typical of the man and sums him up beautifully

Dom was full of life right upto the end right upto the the bank holiday before he passed. He was the last man out of the club.

People talk about the likes of Mohammed Ali, Ayrton Senna, Pele as being hero's

Dom was mine and if i can be half the man he was i would of done good in life

One thing i know for sure is he will not be resting in peace. He will be preparing the biggest party of all for when we all finally meet him again

Much Love to Dom

A friend, A brother, a Hero

If anyone would like to know anything please feel free to ask me

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived