ICW: Up In Smoke

MarkDallas

Hold on... isn't there a four way title match there?

The crowd for T2K vs. The Bucky Boys will be fucking nuclear. That should be main eventing one of the halves of the show. Good to see The Models getting a shot as well, but I can't see past STI making it to at least the semi finals.

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets arrived for this on Wednesday.

On the two shows that the Classic Grand has held, we've seen MASSIVE matches. We've seen The Gold Label win the big street fight, and we've seen BT Gunn win the ICW Championship, and this is on top of things like the Square Go, the first Buckys/STI match and Wild and Bad Boy having arguably the best match in their fued. The main event for this one looks like being the key match here. All three men could walk out with the gold, and if Mikey Whiplash wins the #1 contendership, it might add even more intrigue to a possible Jester win, but that said, no matter who wins that earlier match, the possibilities are all great. Prediction? I'm gonna go with BT Gunn overcoming the odds to win what should be the match of the night.

The #1 contender match is a fucking beauty on paper. Lionheart is gonna win it I reckon and go on and have a match with BT Gunn down the line which would be amazing. If you've seen their match for PBW in Greenock then you know that these two are capable of something special. We know that Mikey Whiplash is one of the very best in the UK, and Lionheart is certainly up there.

Stevie Boy vs. Dicky Divers is a match I've wanted to see since it was clear that the fued was going to continue between these teams. Both guys are most likely gonna spend more time in the air than on the mat and they are both capable of bringing out the insanity in spades. A prediction... I'll go with Dicky Divers as the STI don't win in these battles nearly enough.

I just don't see the Noam Dar/Andy Wild team working out for some reason. :p The match should be good. The Coffeys have been a great addition to the tag teams in ICW and I just don't see past a win for them. I also see this leading to some sort of Wild/Noam fued in the future, but Liam Thomson has made it clear that he's not out of the picture for Andy Wild yet.

OfCom vs. Fight Club should be about as one sided a smashing as you're gonna get on this night. That's unless Maverick pussies out and TJ Rage takes his spot, at which point things would become a wee bit more interesting. Either way, I can see Fight Club winning the match.

Falcon vs. Mark Andrews was made a wee bit more interesting by the Kevan angle. Now, with that in mind, do we see a maskless Falcon who's a bit more mental than usual? Or do we see the usual Falcon? Either way, this is a better chance for Mark Andrews to showcase himself IMO than the four way that he was in. Falcon is underappreciated in a big way.

Last but not least... Christopher vs. Chris Renfrew. Christopher has promised a big surprise for Chris Renfrew, and we can only speculate as to what that is. Of course, I think many have the idea that it could be Adam Shame. The numbers game is already going to be a lot for Renfrew to handle, so this isn't going to be as one sided as people might think. Especially with Mr. A Lister being a monster of a man. Prediction? I still see a Renfrew win, but that won't be the last we see of it on that night.

Lets see if I can remember last night :confused:

pretty sure this is how it went:

Dicky Divers def Stevie Boy

Davey Boy def William Grange

The Coffeys Def Noam Dar/Andy Wild

Fight Club def OfCom

Johnny Moss def Jimmy Havok

Falcon def Mark Andrews

Christopher def Chris Renfrew

Lionheart def Mickey Whiplash

BT Gunn def Wolfgang/James Scott/Jack Jester

Highlight of the night: Sideshow bob ref's heel/tranny turn in the Lionheart vs Whiplash match :laugh:

All in all it was an outstanding show & although there were a lot of laughs the in ring action was of a high standard. I'll be back for more.

Dicky Divers def Stevie Boy

Great Opening match, shorter and less high risk than expecting but a good match all the same.

Davey Boy def William Grange

Good inpromtu match even if Grange has to work in a shirt and trousers. S.T.I vs Bucky Boys isn't over by a long shot.

The Coffeys Def Noam Dar/Andy Wild

Great match, though the ending became obvious the second Wild saved Noam. Coffeys double submission finisher was over and they have to be a favourite for the belt.

Fight Club def OfCom

Nikki Storm has joined offcom making a Bucky Boys/Offcome feud now inevitable. Right team went over as I don't think the two guys in offcom are ready for a heavy push just yet, though they get great hear and will be stars soon enough.

Johnny Moss def Jimmy Havok

Who answers to Johnny Moss after a tombstone, "Is that all you have got?", who responds to a second one "I'm still concious". Jimmy f**king Havoc, thats who, Havoc seems perfect for ICW and this match cemented his overness with the fans.

Christopher def Chris Renfrew

Good match, Johnny Starr's heel turn was well executed and the match was entertaining. Interesting note-Chris Renfrew is yet to win a match in Classic Grand.

Lionheart def Mickey Whiplash

Never have I seem a match with such insane levels of intereference, shocks, twists and overbooking. And god I loved it. Even if Jam's heel turn will scar my brain for life.

Falcon def Mark Andrews

Good short match. Falcon has gone evil, and with Euan G Mackie and Kevan Looks unstopable.

BT Gunn def Wolfgang/James Scott/Jack Jester

Great main event, Gunn went over rightfully so. And Lionheart vs Gunn shall be a great match. T2K look to be on the edge of disintigration and Whiplash vs Jester 3 is on the cards.

Notes-

Having seen ICW since 2010 I noticed the increase in gimmicks since ICW since they got the TV deal, it has brough a new dimension to the company. Also it has interesting to note with these increased gimmicks, there is also now at present 4 heel stables. ICW is looking stronger and stronger as time goes by. A good show, not their best but still better than what you will see from 90% of what you will see in British Wrestling. Watch the show on mychannel or better come up to glasgow.

BELIEVE THE HYPE, ICW IS AWESOME.

Archived