ICW: Up In Smoke

MarkDallas

More in depth from myself...

* Aye, the opener was less mental than I thought it was gonna be, but at the same time, the pace of the match was frightening. I thought it did what an opener is supposed to do, which is get the fans going while not totally stealing the show. BRUTAL stuff with the cleaning sign as well. We were also treated to the fantastic "The man who gets his jock strap sized to the nearest furlong!" :laugh: Brilliant.

* Davey Boy is probably becoming the most over guy in the Bucky Boys. Although him deciding to take a chug in the middle of the ring was a sight that could have been done without, as was Grange's arse. Decent wee match. Davey is a beast and gave Grange a bit of a doing in this one.

* In one of the less surprising turns we'll see, Noam Dar turns on Andy Wild. What this means down the line I dunno, but at least we get to see more matches between them. The Coffeys continue to look like animals. There was one moment that summed them up when they just completely went Demolition clubbing style on Andy Wild. There was a botch with the Discus Lariat which I thought actually looked brilliant. It was kinda like a standing Cross Body! Anyways, aye, great match here.

* Nikki Storm is a good addition to the OfCom unit. TJ Rage looks like a nutter by just standing still. Jamie Feerick is over as fuck, which is brilliant. The guy can clearly go. Scott Maverick continues to impress in a big way. The match was much more two sided than I thought it was gonna be actually. Of course OfCom took a beating and we seen the obligatory teabagging, but this was a cracking back and forth match which felt like it could go either way.

* They COMPLETELY ripped the Jeff Hardy/Undertaker thing with Mossy and Havoc but it worked and the fans rallied behind the ICW newcomer. It says a lot for Johnny Moss' overness in ICW that he can beat the living hell out of someone and that guy goes over. The match was great fun with Havoc getting completely decimated.

* Good wee note there about Renfrew. Although to be fair, that was his first singles match. No doubt we're now going to see Chris Renfrew going up against Christopher's group, who had no trouble making their numbers count last night. Nice wee match.

* Before last night, the best match to happen in ICW was probably the near classic between BT Gunn and Red Lightning and what made that match great was the insane booking of it, and it helped that the action was good. Mikey Whiplash vs. Lionheart managed to match it with the same idea. The crowd just got even more batshit mental as each twist and turn went on, and when Lionheart got the win, the place went absolutely bananas. I can't wait to see this back on TV to see how well it comes across.

* Falcon vs. Mark Andrews seemed to tread water a bit. Mark Andrews did get to showcase some stuff, but it was more about Falcon being the new man under the wing of the very good Mr. Euan G Mackie. Decent enough, but like the opener, more was expected of it.

* The main event was fittingly mental. I like the seeds of doubt in T2K, but I'm wondering whether this will wind up solidifying the unit and see them become tag team champs? Would cause a riot if The Bucky Boys went out in the first round. BT Gunn is becoming a champion to overcome the odds.

We do enjoy our drink at ICW. At the end of the show I nearly fell off the ring apron. ICW shows at The Classic Grand are allways outlandish as far as the flow of alcohall goes. Glad you enjoy the show mate.13th Sell out in a row :)

Archived