Telephone advice

Wideload

Right, I came home today to find the house phone off its cradle showing 3 hours 51 minutes on it and there was nothing on the line. I shat it and checked the last number, which was a mobile of a guy I had tried to contact through Gumtree. When I had called, it had just rung out and not gone to answerphone after approx 10 rings. I have phoned Sky but their latest entry is from yesterday so they can't see an updated bill until tomorrow night.

So a few things,

If it just kept ringing and didnt connect, will I get billed?

If an answerphone did kick in eventually, after recording the maximum number of minutes the voicemail can hold, will I get billed for the remainder?

Do you reckon I've got a chance to appeal the bill if it is through the roof?

Finally, any idea how much a Sky landline to mobile per minute during the day is; so I can calculate how much whoring I need to do this month?

Cheers. Fuck.

If it just kept ringing and didnt connect, will I get billed?

Not if it didn't connect to a person or a machine

If an answerphone did kick in eventually, after recording the maximum number of minutes the voicemail can hold, will I get billed for the remainder?

Tough one because you're still tecnhically connected I suppose, some will boot you off though so you wouldn't be billed if that happened

Do you reckon I've got a chance to appeal the bill if it is through the roof?

I doubt it

Finally, any idea how much a Sky landline to mobile per minute during the day is; so I can calculate how much whoring I need to do this month?

No idea but they're more expensive that BT and BT charge 11.3p per minute with a 13.1p call connection fee

Answers in bold. I work for BT so they should be pretty realistic. Not sure on Sky's call charges though dude

Ring Sky and ask them what your current bill is.

Most providers wont do that over the phone, if you've got online billing if they're anything like BT you can check your usage 24 hours later

Archived