iPhone and Kindle now longer connect to my own Wi-Fi

Mr Mojo Rising

Hi all

Purchased a new laptop last week.

Connected to the internet no problem ... but, now my iPhone or Kindle wont connect to the Wi-Fi I have tried to re set them both and enter the network security key, but it just says "Unable to Join Network" any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

• Paid Members

Is there any sort of setting on the router that limits the number of IPs allocated/MAC addresses of individual devices? I used to have that set up at my old place, as my flatmates were dumb and couldn't handle the idea of a key (they would either forget it, or think that I was going to use it to lock them out of the system - see? weed paranoia), so I instead restricted access to certain MAC addresses. You could, however, also make it so that only a set number of devices could access, maybe yours is set to limit that?

Is there any sort of setting on the router that limits the number of IPs allocated/MAC addresses of individual devices? I used to have that set up at my old place, as my flatmates were dumb and couldn't handle the idea of a key (they would either forget it, or think that I was going to use it to lock them out of the system - see? weed paranoia), so I instead restricted access to certain MAC addresses. You could, however, also make it so that only a set number of devices could access, maybe yours is set to limit that?

No previously, it's been fine. It only started to happen yesterday.

Archived