VPW on Sky My Channel (Sky 219)

chiefdave

• Paid Members

I don't think Ligero would ever appear on a Bowler show lol

Why wouldn't he?

It was years ago now haha. It'd be like someone having a go for spoiling a match result on WWE Vintage Collection.

Well not exactly, WWE Vintage collection has already been broadcast, where as VPW are about to start broadcasting footage and storylines the vast majority have never seen before and have no knowledge of. Just saying.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to wish VPW good luck on TV! I know they get a lot of slack but they have a real aggressive business plan and model so I am looking forward to seeing some of their shows on Sky.Viewing figures for the channel are low but it may bring along sponsorship opportunities which in return means VPW can invest in production and make their events worthwhile viewing.Once again good luck!

Hi, im new here just thought id add my two cents. UKW Has its problems but lets give them some credit, if it wasnt for them VPW might never have got signed. Besides, I think UKW is sort of fun. VPW dosent look great either. I wish CHALLENGE or VIVA would pick up some british promotions, there are some much better feds out there than UKW and VPW.

Hi, im new here just thought id add my two cents. UKW Has its problems but lets give them some credit, if it wasnt for them VPW might never have got signed. Besides, I think UKW is sort of fun. VPW dosent look great either. I wish CHALLENGE or VIVA would pick up some british promotions, there are some much better feds out there than UKW and VPW.

Deffo sounds like an account made to 'protect' UKW... ;)

Deffo sounds like an account made to 'protect' UKW... ;)
LOL I rarely agree with the IWC.

I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.
Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.

• Paid Members

I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.
Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.
I have never booked Tiny Irons - maybe you should check your facts buddy !

Archived