VPW on Sky My Channel (Sky 219)

chiefdave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to ask as well, where did the idea that all the footage would be old old footage that has been on You Tube? Of course they are going to start a few shows back. That gives them a stockpile to produce a month - 6 weeks footage.

The recent stuff on you tube looks good quality and will probably be tided up for TV. From what I have seen of VPW and know the TV show will be a simple extra element to there business. Promote the TV shows to the audience, they watch to see themselves on TV. tell there mates who watch it as well. Promote upcoming shows, more people go see the Ex WWE stars who they have seen on TV and gone "oh that would be cool to see old so and so and he is only at the local hall". Process repeats. Lots of crowed brawling and shots of an excited crowed will help people watch to see themselves on TV

• Paid Members
I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.

Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.

Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.

All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.

You seem to have a problem with alot of different promoters around the country from times i've seen you post here before... :/

That's news to me - unless you're talking about a promotor like Brad Flash in which case i'm often found in the queue with a point to make so if you're a promotor like him yes i might have had a problem with you in the past.

I can assure you, i'm not a promoter myself nor would I have any problem with you talking negative about that mong Brad Flash. You've definitely had a cob on about Alex Shane before though. Considering you are trashing something that hasn't even aired yet, shows what a positive person you must be. Give it a chance, you never know, you might enjoy it... ;)

Wow. My own personal stalker.

Not quite. You said it a couple of days ago. It's just called having a memory...

Good to see people are already talking about this, some good some bad and everyone has an opinion which is also good.

Just to clear a few things.

Varsity Pro Wrestling are not paying for the TV contract, quite the opposite.

We have never once said our TV product will be archived You Tube footage, the sample highlight reel is simply a sample of our live show's for people who have not attended a live event.

TV tapings have already started, our next events will also be filmed for TV. Of course these shows will be produced completely different from our live events.

People have mentioned former WWE stars on the shows, we try to use stars who can have a positive effect on our shows, from drawing potential, to show production to training of wrestlers. We also try to use former WWE stars who can bring experience to the table as this is clearly a positive to our current product and feel guys like Billy Gunn, Hardcore Holly, Daivari and Finlay to name a few have alot of TV experience, PPV experience and production experience which can only have a positive effect to the VPW TV product.

VPW have secured two major sponsors of the up coming TV product and 2 more in the pipe line which again can only have positive effects on the product we produce and the British wrestling scene in general.

We look forward to hearing all feed back once the show has aired in Dec.

Thursday 27th October

Portsmouth Guildhall

VPW return to The Portsmouth Guildhall with Former WWE Star Finlay!!

for more information go to www.varsityprowrestling.com or book online at www.portsmouthguildhall.co.uk

I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.

Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.

Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.

All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.

You seem to have a problem with alot of different promoters around the country from times i've seen you post here before... :/

i think he has something to do with UKW as he is always defending them

Sorry but you could put a card on featuring every single HOF who are appearing for free and it would still be the same crap production. You can put the greatest filling in a sandwich but if the bread is mouldy then no one would take a bite.

The problems with the UKW show on mychannel have been stated many times but from the shows i've watched i've seen

Poor sound

Announcers that cant be heard

Poor lighting

Horrible links with wooden presenters - that is no knock on them personally but they shouldn't be in front of a camera without some coaching.

Filming standards low quality

All of those make the public switch off. makes no difference who you feature, be they from the UK, US or Chad. If people cant understand what is being said and see what is going on they will turn off (as i have)

Good luck to VPW though

So i got a question and to play a bit of devils advocate....

If VPW show takes off and they move to another more prominent channel, the product really sells and it opens up a whole new fanbase for British Wrestling....

Do you think this will have a positive effect on other Uk promotions... i.e. more new fans will check out other promotions.

Or

Do you think it will have a negative effect.... i.e. Wrestlers will want to work for VPW and they could maybe tie them to an exclusive contract for TV etc and other promotions lose good wrestlers to put on their shows?

If VPW take off surely the TV company paying their show wouldnt want for arguments sake.... El Ligero showing up on a Adam Bowler produced show....

• Paid Members

Total exclusivity wouldn't work in the UK, in my opinion. But overall I expect it would have a positive impact with more fans interested. That's assuming the show was reaching out to people who weren't already fans of British Wrestling.

So i got a question and to play a bit of devils advocate....

If VPW show takes off and they move to another more prominent channel, the product really sells and it opens up a whole new fanbase for British Wrestling....

Do you think this will have a positive effect on other Uk promotions... i.e. more new fans will check out other promotions.

Or

Do you think it will have a negative effect.... i.e. Wrestlers will want to work for VPW and they could maybe tie them to an exclusive contract for TV etc and other promotions lose good wrestlers to put on their shows?

If VPW take off surely the TV company paying their show wouldnt want for arguments sake.... El Ligero showing up on a Adam Bowler produced show....

I don't think Ligero would ever appear on a Bowler show lol

• Paid Members

If the TV company want exclusivity, then they have to offer enough money for those workers to not show up on other shows. In becoming a purely VPW "product", that worker needs to be promoted, which would mean the equivalent of house shows (or more regular TV tapings).

will you be showing the recent cage match between McCluskey and UK Kid? Interested as I know the man that built said cage and the ring used that night.

I'm hoping so. It includes Bob Holly turning heel and giving McCluskey a good kicking!

And now we don't need to watch it! Spoilers! :p

My biggest bugbear with Britwres on TV isn't that these promoters are getting themselves on MyChannel whichever way they're doing it, it's the fact that there's so many channels these days, why is the only one showing it one that hardly anyones heard of? I'm not talking BBC1, ITV1 or Sky One, but surely ITV4 could afford to lose an hour of cops with cameras or whatever to take a punt? Or has that God Awful "Celebrity Wrestling" from a few years ago burnt that particular bridge?

• Paid Members
will you be showing the recent cage match between McCluskey and UK Kid? Interested as I know the man that built said cage and the ring used that night.

I'm hoping so. It includes Bob Holly turning heel and giving McCluskey a good kicking!

And now we don't need to watch it! Spoilers! :p

It was years ago now haha. It'd be like someone having a go for spoiling a match result on WWE Vintage Collection.

Archived