VPW on Sky My Channel (Sky 219)

chiefdave

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the youtube clip until I saw Steve Lynsky's fat face slobbering out nonsense as only he can.

The rest of it looked ok though. Reasonably good production values. As long as they have a good announce team, I thing it will be quite enjoyable, and as always, it's a plus to get some British Westling on the box.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
" VPW didnt pay for any time on tv"...

Yeah right. Its the only way that weasel faced toerag of a promoter will EVER get noticed, by paying for exposure.

Good mate of yours then?

Yeah right. Its the only way that weasel faced toerag of a promoter will EVER get noticed, by paying for exposure.

Good mate of yours then?

Yeah, I love the venue-stealing twat. Karma is a bitch though, UK Kid will get his commupance one day.

Good mate of yours then?

Yeah, I love the venue-stealing twat. Karma is a bitch though, UK Kid will get his commupance one day.

Thats what I love about the UK scene.

The sense of unity and love all the promoters have for each other.

I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.

Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.

Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.

All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.

Hmmm, professional, well done.

Anyways, wouldnt it be fair to wait til the programming starts to air before shitting all over it. I dont think its unfair to state that VPW, for all of their merits, are still a fairly small time British wrestling promotion. you wouldnt expect Sky One to be showing them now would you? A small UK promotion on a small UK channel kind of makes sense doesnt it? Correct me if Im wrong but isnt getting some exposure on a national scale, regardless of how small the audience, better than no exposure on a national scale?

Or shall we just shit all over it because we are internet wrestling fans and know everything about wrestling?

• Paid Members
I also heard that the Daivari show had a card comprising of just 6 wrestlers. If they can't afford to fully book a show then how can they afford good TV production

It was 8 wrestlers actually, and that was because it was a one-night tournament to crown a champion. There were 7 decent matches on that show, which is really good if you match it up against the majority of shows in this country. VPW may not be the perfect promotion, but they are going to do alot less harm to the scene than UKW are. In terms of production, anybody with vision can see they are one of the best looking promotions in the country. I hope people don't feel turned off by VPW because of UKW, UKW is shockingly awful. People keep boasting that they've used Keith Myatt and El Ligero (who are both great by the way) but the times i've turned it on, i've seen the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of workers.

Kris Travis Vs Lionheart was on UKW the other day. Oh the harm-that's so shockingly awful.

Week before there was Manson, couple of weeks before it was Val Kabious V Lionheart. They also had tiny Iron Vs Val Kabious like 2 months before Southside made that their main event.

All top names and not a single mercenary U.S. import in sight. Though I don't think i've seen Keith Myatt on their show and EL Ligero hasn't been on since the match which had Ameen, Travis & Robbie X involved.

You seem to have a problem with alot of different promoters around the country from times i've seen you post here before... :/

The Genius DOES raise some decent points on UKW. He DOES ignore the fucking rotten production that would make anyone who doesn't know the product turn off though.

Agreed, UKW are horrible and an awful example of wrestling in this country but VPW have not even presented a program yet and people are shitting all over them... give the guys a chance, and y'know, crap on them if they are shit after all.

You seem to have a problem with alot of different promoters around the country from times i've seen you post here before... :/

That's news to me - unless you're talking about a promotor like Brad Flash in which case i'm often found in the queue with a point to make so if you're a promotor like him yes i might have had a problem with you in the past.

Now one promotion I did have huge problems with was UKW. First show they did for TV was that bad I complained to the channel that aired it. Turned out it was the channels fault so I gave them another shot but it wasn't a big improvement.

So like everybody else I complained on here about how bad it was- I mean FFS they had a guy in a buchers outfit and some annoying Geordies.

A few months later they moved it to a full hour show and it got a bit better and they got rid of the annying presenters (something that still exists on other promotions youtube channels!).

Now as is stands they are one of the few promotions shooting with multiple broadcast quality cameras and feature more than a good few of the peeps us peeps on here voted in the top 50 wrestlers in the country which kinda begs the question how does that make them "an awful example of wrestling in this country"?

Would you rather watch stuff on youtube filmed on an iphone or maybe with a couple of those crappy little handheld palmcameras?

They seem to use 3 cameras with one of them on a camera crane which is sometimes great other times annoying so i'm guessing quite a bit of money is spent to get it onto TV just so I don;t have to shell out a fortune to see a match like Travis s Lionheart or Noam Dar vs Tiny Iron :)

Oh and Liam it's a shite channel so I doubt it'll be on the listings properly. I stopped bothering months ago to try and record the UKW stuff - even though it's on 6 times a week now so it's hard to miss :)

• Paid Members
Enjoyed the youtube clip until I saw Steve Lynsky's fat face slobbering out nonsense as only he can.

The rest of it looked ok though. Reasonably good production values. As long as they have a good announce team, I thing it will be quite enjoyable, and as always, it's a plus to get some British Westling on the box.

I actually quite like Lynsky :/ BUT the bit about the announce team is spot on! I find a good announce team can really make a show so much more watchable.

The sense of unity and love all the promoters have for each other.

Some promoters are able to get on very well together, it happens a lot. Where as others get peoples backs up.

• Paid Members

That's news to me - unless you're talking about a promotor like Brad Flash in which case i'm often found in the queue with a point to make so if you're a promotor like him yes i might have had a problem with you in the past.

I can assure you, i'm not a promoter myself nor would I have any problem with you talking negative about that mong Brad Flash. You've definitely had a cob on about Alex Shane before though. Considering you are trashing something that hasn't even aired yet, shows what a positive person you must be. Give it a chance, you never know, you might enjoy it... ;)

I can assure you, i'm not a promoter myself nor would I have any problem with you talking negative about that mong Brad Flash. You've definitely had a cob on about Alex Shane before though. Considering you are trashing something that hasn't even aired yet, shows what a positive person you must be. Give it a chance, you never know, you might enjoy it... ;)

Wow. My own personal stalker.

From VPW's own write up they are simply recycling their Youtube back catalogue onto TV therfore I kinda would have already seen it and if you bothered to read my comments I'm pretty sure i commented on the quality of their ouput- even though most of it is knocking on 18 months old.

As for Alex Shane I am deffo amongst those who find it frustrating that he moves from one project to another and each time it either fails or simply never materializes -Adrenalize TV anyone?

I'm also not a fan of wrestling events which are "charity" events as to run such an event you only need to donate a percentage of profits after the costs of the show. There's some numpties in Castleford who run several of these type events each year and after the last one somebody who was on the show said there wasn't a penny left over after "costs" for anything to go to charity even with a good number of the card working for expenses only.

As for positivity i'm not the one knocking the people who have obviously put their hands in their pocket and spent on getting a show which airs on TV every week and runs only a few weeks behind from their shows. I'm pretty sure if a few more people watched they might be the money in to improve production?

Archived