FWA VIDEO: Xander Cooper Vs Zack Gibson Vs Shane Oldham

FWAUK.com

As part of the FWA Adrenaline Division BWC Scarlo Scholarship winner Xander Cooper takes on Zack "Diamond" Gibson and "Dare Devil Dragon" Shane Oldham at "The Nation's Thrill Capital" Thorpe Park. What should have been a great display of the UK's up and coming young talent, turns nasty as "The Agenda" come looking for revenge.

I have to get this off my chest.

I understand that this was filmed at Thorpe Park and so the audience was casual/disinterested. That's a given.

So there was no need for the terrible, terrible canned cheering and clapping that was excruciatingly shoehorned into the intros and highspots. It massively detracted from the video, so badly was it done - obviously repeated samples, cheering just suddenly cutting off, short loops of clapping.

I really wanted to watch the whole match, but this was just too excruciating. How many years has the FWA been going? Find a decent video production team, please.

I have to get this off my chest.

I understand that this was filmed at Thorpe Park and so the audience was casual/disinterested. That's a given.

So there was no need for the terrible, terrible canned cheering and clapping that was excruciatingly shoehorned into the intros and highspots. It massively detracted from the video, so badly was it done - obviously repeated samples, cheering just suddenly cutting off, short loops of clapping.

I really wanted to watch the whole match, but this was just too excruciating. How many years has the FWA been going? Find a decent video production team, please.

The production team are definitely better then most. Multi camera, commentary, and the whole FWA set-up looks great. I even love the presenting at the beginning of the matches with Jessica 'gives me' Wood (as somebody on this forum cleverly referred to her as... I thought it was hilarious). My problem with the FWA has nothing to do with its production values, my problem is that since its return, FWA has been... Well it just seems so forced. It's hard to explain, but an example would be that there was a show I was at last year that actually had the FWA crew starting 'FWA' chants to get everybody to join in. Those things should come naturally!

I enjoy the product, and I always watch the matches that are posted online and I've even bought a couple of the DvD's. But as a live event, I don't enjoy it like most British Wrestling shows.

The FWA came back to all this fan fare, they did 2 shows in Broxbourne, some up north but apart from that they really have not made much of a big impact on the wrestling scene.

Taken from their website:

Welcome to the official website of the Frontier Wrestling Alliance. The FWA is the UK's leading professional wrestling organisation, with events in top venues such as the ExCeL London, NEC Birmingham & THORPE PARK.

For the FWA to say that they are the leading UK wrestling promotion is utter BS as there are other feds such as WAW who put on far more regular shows then FWA does.

Wow venues such as London Excel and Thrope Park how impressive.

At the forefront of the British wrestling revolution, the FWA's aim to revive the domestic industry, entertain the UK mainstream audience and put Britain firmly back on the world wrestling map forever!

FWA by all means can play a part in providing show's for the domestic scene but they are no longer at the forefront of British wrestling.

Thats my rant over.

The FWA came back to all this fan fare, they did 2 shows in Broxbourne, some up north but apart from that they really have not made much of a big impact on the wrestling scene.

Taken from their website:

Welcome to the official website of the Frontier Wrestling Alliance. The FWA is the UK's leading professional wrestling organisation, with events in top venues such as the ExCeL London, NEC Birmingham & THORPE PARK.

For the FWA to say that they are the leading UK wrestling promotion is utter BS as there are other feds such as WAW who put on far more regular shows then FWA does.

Wow venues such as London Excel and Thrope Park how impressive.

At the forefront of the British wrestling revolution, the FWA's aim to revive the domestic industry, entertain the UK mainstream audience and put Britain firmly back on the world wrestling map forever!

FWA by all means can play a part in providing show's for the domestic scene but they are no longer at the forefront of British wrestling.

Thats my rant over.

I strongly agree. When the FWA came back, I thought we was going to really see a new leader in British Wrestling. But still, I think places such as IPW:UK, XWA, GPW, FSW, NGW & PBW (to name a few) do a lot more shows then the FWA, offer stronger cards, amazing talents, and are deffinitely representing the UK scene with both great and regular shows.

I would say though, one of the biggest problems British wrestling has is that people just aren't aware of it unless they happen to walk past a flyer or are connected with someone involved, so running places like Thorpe Park and Excel will surely do loads for getting attention for wrestling in this country.

I would say though, one of the biggest problems British wrestling has is that people just aren't aware of it unless they happen to walk past a flyer or are connected with someone involved, so running places like Thorpe Park and Excel will surely do loads for getting attention for wrestling in this country.

That sounds like you're trying to say the FWA are only running the Expo and Thorpe Park 'shows' to raise awareness of, and promote, British Wrestling AS A WHOLE. I don't buy it. It doesn't make sense. The FWA surely can't run as a profitable business with this plan? We know the workers aren't paid, or at least not for one show a month, but that doesn't mean that FWA is rolling in the money so deep it can promote British Wrestling in such a way that fans flock to other shows, pay money, and improve the business for that promotion.

That sounds like you're trying to say the FWA are only running the Expo and Thorpe Park 'shows' to raise awareness of, and promote, British Wrestling AS A WHOLE. I don't buy it. It doesn't make sense. The FWA surely can't run as a profitable business with this plan? We know the workers aren't paid, or at least not for one show a month, but that doesn't mean that FWA is rolling in the money so deep it can promote British Wrestling in such a way that fans flock to other shows, pay money, and improve the business for that promotion.

I was at one of the Excel shows in London (My friend runs a webcomic so had a stall there) and so was handing out some FWA flyers, and the majority response I got was "Didn't know we had wrestling in Britain". Whether or not FWA are doing it for that reason, or are making any money, I have no idea but it strikes me that it can't be bad for wrestling in this country to have an increased awareness of it.

I was at one of the Excel shows in London (My friend runs a webcomic so had a stall there) and so was handing out some FWA flyers, and the majority response I got was "Didn't know we had wrestling in Britain". Whether or not FWA are doing it for that reason, or are making any money, I have no idea but it strikes me that it can't be bad for wrestling in this country to have an increased awareness of it.

I agree, but it still makes no sense in the short term for FWA. If this is part of a complicated, massive long term plan, I don't think the end result will be worth it. The most they are going to get is the usual attendance, which going by their most recent shows, isn't much.

Archived