alarm

children of bodom

basically I'm looking for an alarm that may not have been invented. I've not seen it but someone may know if it's out there.

its like a magnetic door alarm, the ones where you have two magnets which when broken apart (the door is opened) the alarm sounds. I can find ones that have keypads and ones that don't and just sound out. i need one where you could put something in your pocket or carry with you to tell you the magnets have been broken ,i don't want the alarm to sound so everyone can hear it i only want me to know the magnets have broken.

so i need an alarm where when the door opens only i would know the door has been opened. no alarm would sound.

Sounds awfully complicated and probably doesn't exists due to what's needed.

A much more rubbish alternative would be to sello-tape a bit of string from the door frame to the door (just right at the bottom so nobody notices it) then when you come home if the string or cotton or whatever you want to use isn't stuck in the sello tape then you know someone has been in your room. The only drawback of course is that you won't know if they have until you get home.

Sounds awfully complicated and probably doesn't exists due to what's needed.

A much more rubbish alternative would be to sello-tape a bit of string from the door frame to the door (just right at the bottom so nobody notices it) then when you come home if the string or cotton or whatever you want to use isn't stuck in the sello tape then you know someone has been in your room. The only drawback of course is that you won't know if they have until you get home.

But what happens when he enters the room then? He would break it thus making it utterly pointless.

To add some value to this thread....

You would be better off either getting a motion detector which would notify you of when movement has happened (pretty much the same as the alarm) or could get some form of CCTV?

Would they not see that though? :confused:

Very unlikely, especially if you put it in the bottom corner. Nobody checks around the door for things like that. If they did they probably have some illness. a piece of white sewing cotton and 2 little bits of sello-tape isn't exactly noticeable anyway. The plan's bullet proof!

• 2 weeks later...

It's short range but is this the type of thing you're looking for?

http://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/...ert_System.html

Can be set to loudly sound an alarm from the system, or sent a signal to a separate receiver. It needs to be plugged in so it's only going to tell you in a set location.

The other alternative is to get an alarm that sends a signal to your mobile.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Burglar-system-ale...l/dp/B002RLHFUS

But they are expensive and need to be monitored which I also presume will be expensive.

Why not spread some caltrops over the floor just behind the door. That'll teach the fucker.

Archived