Question to UK promoters who use Japanese talent

THE BESTMAN

Following my thread about Dick Togo recently (http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=126494) and seeing that Michinoku Pro came over here in the 90s I wondered why nobody has done anything with the organisation over here since?

From all accounts Sasuki, Togo and Shinzaki went down a storm at Chikara and I surely can't be the only one with interest in seeing the organisation over here.

On a side note whilst I realise Taka appears to be no longer affliated with Michinoku Pro, has he ever been over here/anyone attempted to bring him over.

Would love to hear some perspective on the above as it always appears to be Noah talent who get the nod over here as far as Japanese talent goes.

NOAH talent appear to be over here more on account of how NOAH send their talents over here on foreign excursions for the experience. And that is mainly because several people in Europe have such good working relationships with NOAH that they want their guys over here to do some short tours of a month or so long like they have in the past. Shiozaki also stayed over in the states with ROH/FIP/WLW for almost all of 2008.

NJPW mainly send talent to America (TNA) and Mexico (CMLL). Dragon Gate had their own dojo in America and both Shingo Takagi and Akira Tozawa have enjoyed extended stays in America for the experience.

Big Japan have Shinya Ishikawa in Europe for an extended stay right now also.

So in those instances it's the choice of the Japanese fed to send their guys over.

Due to ROH's standing in the GPWO, they have/had? a strong relationship with NOAH where they could effectively loan their talent over a period of time, mainly them going back and forth between America and Japan, such as KENTA and Morishima.

CHIKARA have strong connections with Big Japan and Osaka Pro, and brought over Michinoku Pro for a one-off big tournament where they could justify the cost of flights, etc.

So whenever you've seen Japanese talent in the UK, outside of the official NOAH and Dragon Gate shows, they have been sent over for experience rather than the fed deliberately booking them. The costs involved of a flight from Japan alone probably wouldn't make it worth it to bring over the ONE guy from Japan, unless he was really going to bring the crowds in on his name alone and make the cost worth it.

wXw have strong connections with Big Japan, NOAH and Dragon Gate and have brought in Japanese talent off their own backs. So hopefully their relationship with feds like IPW:UK and 4FW continue. I do believe it's wXW that Dick Togo is coming over for?

I heard a rumour that Doug Williams in fact owned/ Owns a flat in london or the surrounding area where the NOAH guys stayed when they were sending 2 at a time for 3 Months stints.

It was also quite interesting to see how causal fans were also very keen to see the japanese guys as well as the die hards

On a side note whilst I realise Taka appears to be no longer affliated with Michinoku Pro, has he ever been over here/anyone attempted to bring him over.

Would love to hear some perspective on the above as it always appears to be Noah talent who get the nod over here as far as Japanese talent goes.

4FW are aiming to bring TAKA over next year at some point aswell as top K-Dojo Star Yuji Hino, it's hard to find the right dates because TAKA is so busy with New Japan and his own promotion/Dojo so I don't have a definate date yet but as soon as something is sorted then it will be announced.

4FW are aiming to bring TAKA over next year at some point aswell as top K-Dojo Star Yuji Hino, it's hard to find the right dates because TAKA is so busy with New Japan and his own promotion/Dojo so I don't have a definate date yet but as soon as something is sorted then it will be announced.

Was just going to post that I distinctively remember seeing the image of the mighty TAKA on your website when you made the thread asking for feedback on the page.

For me to have a

NOAH talent appear to be over here more on account of how NOAH send their talents over here on foreign excursions for the experience. And that is mainly because several people in Europe have such good working relationships with NOAH that they want their guys over here to do some short tours of a month or so long like they have in the past. Shiozaki also stayed over in the states with ROH/FIP/WLW for almost all of 2008.

NJPW mainly send talent to America (TNA) and Mexico (CMLL). Dragon Gate had their own dojo in America and both Shingo Takagi and Akira Tozawa have enjoyed extended stays in America for the experience.

Big Japan have Shinya Ishikawa in Europe for an extended stay right now also.

So in those instances it's the choice of the Japanese fed to send their guys over.

Due to ROH's standing in the GPWO, they have/had? a strong relationship with NOAH where they could effectively loan their talent over a period of time, mainly them going back and forth between America and Japan, such as KENTA and Morishima.

CHIKARA have strong connections with Big Japan and Osaka Pro, and brought over Michinoku Pro for a one-off big tournament where they could justify the cost of flights, etc.

So whenever you've seen Japanese talent in the UK, outside of the official NOAH and Dragon Gate shows, they have been sent over for experience rather than the fed deliberately booking them. The costs involved of a flight from Japan alone probably wouldn't make it worth it to bring over the ONE guy from Japan, unless he was really going to bring the crowds in on his name alone and make the cost worth it.

wXw have strong connections with Big Japan, NOAH and Dragon Gate and have brought in Japanese talent off their own backs. So hopefully their relationship with feds like IPW:UK and 4FW continue. I do believe it's wXW that Dick Togo is coming over for?

Interesting read - thanks for the efforts.

One thing I am not that up on at all is Japanese side of things.

Wow - I really think I need to start taking much more notice of what you guys are offering!!!

Any rough idea of what general area of the country you would be running if / when Michinoku is brought over? I

Was just going to post that I distinctively remember seeing the image of the mighty TAKA on your website when you made the thread asking for feedback on the page.

For me to have a

Any rough idea of what general area of the country you would be running if / when Michinoku is brought over? I

Archived